ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Now how can I clean this wheel?

2012 Clio RS 200
Any recommendations to restore the black paint of this wheel? And to get red of the water marks? Thanks

c12c43d8a1a07308610edb774fb78973.jpg

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
At a guess that's been thru the local cheap handwash and been sprayed with some strong stuff ?

It looks like the surface has been eaten away.

Give it a spray with some wheel cleaner and use at least a bucket full of elbow grease.

Then give it a wash with car shampoo, rinse, and dry it..

If it still looks the same then it's wheel off and polish it, or get it refurbished and keep it the fcuk away from the Swirl-o-matic washes.

2012 Clio RS 200
At a guess that's been thru the local cheap handwash and been sprayed with some strong stuff ?

It looks like the surface has been eaten away.

Give it a spray with some wheel cleaner and use at least a bucket full of elbow grease.

Then give it a wash with car shampoo, rinse, and dry it..

If it still looks the same then it's wheel off and polish it, or get it refurbished and keep it the fcuk away from the Swirl-o-matic washes.

Yes, I do take it time to time to local car wash, where they cover the car with foam and steam guns.

Any recommendations for wheel cleaner? I think I read cleaner for aluminum wheel is not good.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
With such high summer temperatures chemicals might have dried up before being rinsed off leaving those marks.

You could try a dedicated wheel cleaner, but to be honest you might need to machine polish them or get them refurbed. Hard to tell from just a photo.

Have you got anything like poorboys Professional Polish, Dodojuice Lime Prime (lite), Autofinesse Rejuvenate or maybe a light polish like Scholl S30/40? Can try a small corner with a microfiber cloth and see what that does?