ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NSX-R

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Did they ever make any road going ones?

Yes, it's the point of homologating the parts for the race cars. They need to sell 'X amount' of road cars featuring the homologated parts, in order to use them on the JGTC cars.

It's just a NSX-R underneath the deeper, longer bumpers and roof intake.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
They look mean as.

nsx-r-gt(4)-big.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yes, it's the point of homologating the parts for the race cars. They need to sell 'X amount' of road cars featuring the homologated parts, in order to use them on the JGTC cars.

It's just a NSX-R underneath the deeper, longer bumpers and roof intake.
Want.

A lot.

Listerine & Poledo
NA2 - Champ white, with full over-and-under aero, and the snorkel intake please!

Maybe even a Targa, just for the extra noise, it's not like you'll be stretching the limits on the queens highways is it :)

Turbos.
I think they may have made 1 NSX-R GT. The others are replicas. Probably the best one in terms of how it is meant to look (but note US spec side repeaters giving the game away)...

NSXj1.jpg

Spoon have two, one with ITBs and one with a Turbo.

Spoon_Honda_NSX-R_GT.jpg

medium_3023008084_0f9aa3d788_o.jpg

medium_3023008404_c978127102_o.jpg

medium_3022178603_963346487a_o.jpg

medium_3023006576_e186a3a87b_o.jpg

Purely made for homoglation purposes. Priced at £250k so no one would actually order one...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Utterly fit. On the (very) rare occasion I see an NSX on the road, I just gawp at it.

Amazing looking cars. And I love all the geeky qualities about it. They are about as far removed from satisfying the bean-counters and profit lines of a car manufacturer as possible. Imagine putting the draft copy of the NSX program onto the boards' desk at Audi? Their heads would explode.

D.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
"Honda rudely continues to make them whether we like it or not, even though there can be no commercial logic in doing so — I thoroughly admire that.” Rowan Atkinson

LOL. I love that bit

Turbos.
Yep, Nigel's. One of a special batch known as the the Last 12. Owners could choose any colour they wanted from the Custom Program colour chart. I am gonna be all over that if he decides to sell it.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm248/MattusDC5/P7205810.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm248/MattusDC5/P7205819.jpg

Saw this on a Honda stand a few years ago, its the only NSX ive ever seen. Love the exclusivity of them and that most people wouldnt even know what it is, thats the whole appeal.

Would gladly give my left testicle for one.

totally agree with the most people not knowing what they are its what i liked about my teg.

seen that nsx at pod and it took my breath away i loved it so clean

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
The NSX was the car that got me interested in all things four wheeled. I won a school competition aged 11 to draw an NSX. Part of the prize was to go to a dealer and sit in one :D
I'd own one still after all these years..

M135i
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm248/MattusDC5/P7205810.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm248/MattusDC5/P7205819.jpg

Saw this on a Honda stand a few years ago, its the only NSX ive ever seen. Love the exclusivity of them and that most people wouldnt even know what it is, thats the whole appeal.

Would gladly give my left testicle for one.

Is it just me, or does the bonnet look a different colour to the bumper in the first pic?

Anyway, absolutely amazing cars..... used to see red one every morning when my mum used to take me to school back in the day..... fell in love soon as I saw it.

I know its well known that they never sold especially well here in the UK, but were they popular stateside (as an Acura)?

I only wonder as I always seem to see a lot of US owners (and assume they must be quite popular over there), and wonder if they were that popular in the US, why did Honda never get round to developing a replacement for purely commercial reasons?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
They started, then recession etc kicked in.
5184e3a7-3e39-53a4.jpg

My old man was one of the 1st people on the uk list. Gutted when it was canned.

M135i
^^^^

Wasn't that the HSC concept though?

IIRC, the actual replacement developed that gets run in a Japan GT series was front engined right?

I guess what I meant was, if the NSX was a commercial success in the US, shouldn't a replacement have come earlier anyway ie. before the recession kicked off?

I'm sure plenty would argue that it was a sign of the NSX's greatness that it went so long without replacement, but I still find it a bit odd.....

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Thats a great video.I take it this is a full race version,the nsx-r time on your sheet is about 3rd from bottom...