ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NSX

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Honda CEO Demands NSX must be faster than GT-R

June 19, 2008 4:00 PM by Clinton Deacon
Filed Under: Spy Photos Honda

GA_googleFillSlot("Article_Top");

Honda's answer to the Nissan GT-R and Lexus LF A hit the ring earlier this week when our spies caught a black and white clad NSX prototype powering round the circuit. We had been questioning what kind of performance we can expect from Japan's newest supercar but now those questions have been answered after information has surfaced that Takeo Fukai, CEO of Honda demanded the development team build an NSX that is faster than both its Japanese rivals.
That would mean a lap time of at least 7 minutes 28 seconds would need to be achieved, that will certainly be a challenging task to undertake. Honda are going a little further upmarket than the GT-R with the package found under the hood with a front-mid mounted 5.5-liter V10 engine producing in the region of 550 ponies and 420 lb ft of torque.
Maximum efficiency for the engine will be achieved with a cylinder deactivation system when the car does not require all of its power such as at low speed. An eight-speed paddle-shifted automatic transmission is expected to pass the power to the wheels via a new version of Honda's Super-Handling All-Wheel-Drive system (SH-AWD).
The Honda/Acura NSX is still 2 years away but it will be interesting to see if they can once gain become Japan's ultimate supercar.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Think its going to be hard for Honda to beat the GTR tho but i do love the NSX saw one on way back from work in black mmmmmmmmmmmmm i want one :)

Turbos.
I don't think it will be called an NSX, especially as the layout is completely different and in general the ethos has changed.

Sounds good though!

[youtube]B0OTEZDAb9c[/youtube]

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Will probably be quicker!

That said, the 2011 Acura NSX is still expected to offer supercar performance. According to our sources in Japan, Takeo Fukui, Honda's CEO, has tasked his R&D team with building an NSX that's faster around the Nürburgring than both the 2009 Nissan GT-R and the upcoming Lexus LF-A.

Sounds optimistic, but according to our shooters Honda is already close to its goal. One hand timed lap came in at 7:37, just 8 seconds longer than the GT-R's fastest lap. Not bad considering that this was Honda's first trip to the Nürburgring with this prototype.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I love Jap names for boring stuff hehe - 4s4 is now SUPER HANDLING ALL WHEEL DRIVE!!!1111!!! AAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!1111!!!! - you can just hear a commentator shouting it really fast on one of those Jap Challenge Attack car vids on YouTube hehe!