ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Number plate fitting

Golf R soon...
Good Afternoon people :cool:

Got some new plates that I would like to fit to my car but the damn screws are not coming out? Anyone come across this, any ideas how to remove them?

Thanks for the replies in advance :approve:

DazG

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
stick them on, look much neater, unless u need the screw heads for a personalised number plate, but could just superglue the screwhead covers onto the plate after sticking it on!

Golf R soon...
stick them on, look much neater, unless u need the screw heads for a personalised number plate, but could just superglue the screwhead covers onto the plate after sticking it on!

Cheers Coca Cola! ;)

I think superglue would look better actually! Have to buy some now :(

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
haha, cheeky!

i hate number plate screws unless they are there for a reason, like i said a persoanlised plate!

dont know why it does, i must have OCD!
winds me up when i drive behind cars with rusty screws!!!

I changed my plates on my 182 and the bloody screws were rusted and some had lost there heads so we ahd to snap the old plates and use pliars to remove the rest of the screws

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
i meant superglue the number plate screw covers onto the plate, and use double sided foam tape to put the plate onto the car with!

i know what u mean about supergluing the actual plate on, could get messy!

Ahh am with you know, as for the superglue idea was a good idea at the time for me (5 mins before MOT) but see tryin to get it off for my new plate, lets jus say their were a few choice words! lol