ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Number plate light

BG182FF
Hi peeps, is there any way i can check whether i need a new bulb holder unit or the wiring as my number plate light has stopped working?! Ive tried a couple of bulbs but never lit up. thank you

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Take it out and look at it ?!

They generally go green (corrosion) where the wires connect a few inches back from the light.. take it out and see.

FF RB 182
I'm having the same problem. They are around £13 new on eBay but the loom is around £30 which seems very expensive.

just soak the connector in electrical contact cleaner or similar overnight and it should be good by the morning, then leave it to dry out

BG182FF
havent had time to try anything yet but will try them all and let you all know how it goes, hopefully dont have to splash more money out :(

clio 182
just had same issue didnt have to replace loom just cleaned the pins and a new lamp was £9 from main dealer!!!

oh and if u ge new lamp get a led number plate bulb mine looks the nuts!!! imo obv

Clio 182
Brand new if you wanted to replace they are about 13 quid delivered from Tom at Wests!
I got one a week ago, well worth it!

BG182FF
ive changed my LED number plate bulb three times now, they keep going out or going dim :( my MOT tomorrow and they will fail me for it :(