ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Number Plate Lights.

Got a new Bumper fitted to the car / It no longer has number plate lights or a place for them. Was just wondering if The 'Led Number plate Bolt lights" Are legal?, and Where is the best place to get them all i can find on ebay is silly "Blue LED","Red LED". :(

Chocolate Bar™
someone like 2modified.com or DT should sort you out

not technically legal, but if positioned correctly, and of correct brightness then they should be fine.

Middo said:
someone like 2modified.com or DT should sort you out

not technically legal, but if positioned correctly, and of correct brightness then they should be fine.
Just had a look on 2modified couldn't see any on there DT ? Whats there site? Why are they not Technically legal?

Chocolate Bar™
cant remember the exact reasoning. mainly because the mot itself is wishy washy. i think its something like you must be able to read the numberplate from a set distance.

so if you set them up correctly they're going to be fine.

as with most things john sells best to give me a call and check as he can sort most things for you. DT = demon tweeks. again, best to give them a call.

crazy clio on here has some, so might be worth a PM to see where he sourced his

Yep, I rememberd Crazy clio's car was far from standard as you can get lol,
So i messaged him earlyer. Also messaged John + 2modifed.
Thanks for that help mate.

I had a look around, And all the ones on Demon tweek and other sites look like there just going to be a 'Spot' light thing, Like not going to light up any thing.

Mégane RS
none will, led's are directional and the led bolts usually face backwards and not onto the plate itself

I was just thinking, Do you know them 'Silly' LED Washer jet things, How about 4 of them in every conner of the number plate (White lights of course ) that should work right?

Da

Less
no, it's like reverse lights or side repeaters. If they are fitted, they must work, but if they're not fitted it isn't a problem.
If you still want to look here first item, top of page. Pricey but should do the job ;)

Daz_2427 said:
no, it's like reverse lights or side repeaters. If they are fitted, they must work, but if they're not fitted it isn't a problem.
If you still want to look here first item, top of page. Pricey but should do the job ;)

Yer but, With 'side repeaters' its not if there fitted, Its if the car was made with them. (IIRC) I thought its the same with number plate lights.

Da

Less
ok, the regs were changed in 2000 to come into force with the new style plates, and it now states that between sunset and sunrise the rear plate must be illuminated :dapprove:

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Dunno if Shiny can help?

http://shinyautos.com/shop/index.php/cPath/173?osCsid=b4be8539681c0a9c9f285b49cb3c7272

He was pulling out all my bulbs and stuff at the weekend seeing what he could change! hehe

picture019310gl8.jpg

^^^ it's all sorted now ;)
Give me a link to a thread with pictures of your car :p I JUST LOVE THE COLOUR :-D

Chocolate Bar™
just out of interest bubbles, is that a megane? i'm trying to figure it out and its driving me mad lol

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Yep hehe

Its bloody gorgeous too.. id love to do some lighting in my car but just wouldnt know what colour to go for

Chocolate Bar™
Bubbles said:
Yep hehe

Its bloody gorgeous too.. id love to do some lighting in my car but just wouldnt know what colour to go for

i'll sleep tonight now ;)

i'd go for summit like in that megane if i were you, just a bright white. In my car prob would have gone for a dark red but dont think that would go in your car. blue and green can look a bit chav at times.