ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Number Plate Question

Renault Clio Extreme 16v
hi,

when i bought my clio, it had the scottish flag on the left.. and ive been told this is illegal?

any one had any experience with this sort of thing?

is it illegal?

do i need to change my plates (i dont want a nasty fine)

thanks.

bmw e92 330d '09
yeah it is illegal mate you have to have "uk" in it or nothing at all. erm... scottish flag, english flag and welsh flag are all ilegal like pressed plates with no postcode under them. :dapprove: ive seen quite a few cars with scotts and welsh flag etc

it's not that bad of a fine matey it's only £30 and the police might not even bother depends how you drive and how old you are e.g.

a 17 yr old lad nailing it in a 2000 1.2 he would pull you over...

your gran in her 1991 1.2 clio going to tesco's he wouldn't bother! :rasp:

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
^ ye i was just goin to post that their now legal, but stuff like Renault badge etc on the number plate are illegal,

It also all depends on what the police are like round your area. I've been pulled a couple of times and I've never had anything said about the Renault badge on my plates so far.

Clio 182 Cup
yeah it is illegal mate you have to have "uk" in it or nothing at all. erm... scottish flag, english flag and welsh flag are all ilegal like pressed plates with no postcode under them. :dapprove: ive seen quite a few cars with scotts and welsh flag etc

it's not that bad of a fine matey it's only £30 and the police might not even bother depends how you drive and how old you are e.g.

a 17 yr old lad nailing it in a 2000 1.2 he would pull you over...

your gran in her 1991 1.2 clio going to tesco's he wouldn't bother! :rasp:

load of crap they have all been legal for ages we make plates at my work the only legal badges are the england flag, scottish, welsh and the GB....

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
i wish people would stop sayin pressed plates are legal with the post code on them, there not legal full stop

bmw e92 330d '09
they are legal when they have got the post code and bsi number on them, what are you talking about you tool... thats why you can only buy them legally from "dubmiester" in germany, so shut your noise.

bmw e92 330d '09
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=430519

here you go BIFCIADS look at the pressed plates on the blue 53plate sport in this thread and read what he says.... exactly the same as me, they are legal when they have the bsi number and postcode on em done by dubmeister coz he does all the reflective stuff and everything.... quit your arguing its there in black and white.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
PRESSED REGISTRATION PLATES ARE ILLIGAL ive had 4 coppers on seperate occations tell me the same thing when i had my 106

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
PRESSED REGISTRATION PLATES ARE ILLIGAL ive had 4 coppers on seperate occations tell me the same thing when i had my 106

pressed lates from a registration office that request your documents and then print them with the correct codes on the plate are not ILLEGAL lol, they are 100% legal

bmw e92 330d '09

They're illegal if you get them form the wrong places but if they are done properly with the right refelctive paint, printed postcode and bsi number then they do the same thing as the ordinary plastic equivalent and are therefore legal they have to go through an E.U. test for the reflectivness part.
the majority of pressed plates are illegal out there but some places are doing legal plates.... just face it, i showed you this in the tread up there ^^ dubmeister is legal... why would he go putting his name on illegal plates with his post code on them?? just for the crack? i think not :banghead:

Roadster Coupe
Ive got a set of illegel plates, they look standard but have got carbon firbe lettering only been pulled once and was let off. i think cops have got more important things to do than worry about stupid symbols on your plate.