ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Number Plate Removal / Velcro

is anyone using velcro on their plates so they can be easily removed? if so, do they look like the plates are sticking out further from the boot/front?

i had a quick look for some velcro tabs in halfrauds but couldnt see any... any idea where to get hold of some?

cheers

Maz

LY 200
Mine are .. you should have said before you could have had a look, imho they dont stick out and Halfourds do sell them, ask I had to as I couldnt find them :)

Chocolate Bar™
i found some velcro discs in halfords. think they were only about £1 a pack and they held around 2kg per disc so more than secure enough. i shall be heading down myself later in search of some for the submarine.

Mine has velcro on the back and is screwed on the front :S Not noticed the back sticking out any more than the old car which was screwed.

i want to do this, how much are new number plates and what do i need to have with me, docs wise, to get the made up?

jamie

^ Some places need you to provide your log book and drivers licence to prove they are the correct plate for the vehicle. Depends where you go for pricing, usually around £20 give or take.

Last edited:

al

ST on the way...
Ditto, fancyplates.com although in reality they we're plain plates with just the reg on lol

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
if you need plates give me a pm can do 3/4 plates too
mine are held on with velcro from john lewis lol

RB 182 Cup
exactly what i was thinking? and why would you need to get them off in a hurry too? mine are stuck on with fat double sided tape.

^ dont think you need anything.. I didnt ..

Did you get some Velcro Jordan ?

yeah found some strips in b&q :approve:

...although i went to halfrauds later and saw the exact same product.

Old plates came off easy even tho they were on with sticky tabs

new plates are on now thank god.

Da

Less
I have about 4 sets of plates, velcro is the ONLY way forward! lol! Oh and if they want to knick your plates they are less likey to damage your car with a screwdriver ;)