ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

number plate removal

Just got new private number plates. Now i have come to put them on my 182 the plates on, are what looks like riveted on not just screwed on. Does anyone know how to get these off? dont want to damage anything trying.

Thanks

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

May be just stuck on,
Pull them off carefully from one side!

[Edited by msa182 on 5/13/2005 4:32:57 PM]

If they are riveted on drill the rivets out, if they are stuck on pull them off, if they are screwed on unscrew them......oh and reno might have velcroed them on, that also requires pulling.

Not all that hard

Clio 182 / Lotus Elise S1

Mine were riveted on by the dealer. :mad: Ive got a Dremel drill and used a cutting disc with it and that cut the rivets off no problem when I put my private plates on!
But, Id imagine a bit of careful normal drilling with a small drill bit would do the job just as well. :)

Weeman sucks ****

stick the new number plate over the top:p

my mates old VX220 had 4 plates on top of each other at the back...perhaps that why he couldnt have me in my cup cos of the extra weight lol.

FF Arctic Blue 182

Quote: Originally posted by CHRIS172CUP on 14 May 2005

my mates old VX220 had 4 plates on top of each other at the back...perhaps that why he couldnt have me in my cup cos of the extra weight lol.
You sure he had the engine started? Doesnt the VX220 do 60mph in like 5.5 sec or somat?

Quote: Originally posted by ste_brough on 16 May 2005

Quote: Originally posted by CHRIS172CUP on 14 May 2005

You sure he had the engine started? Doesnt the VX220 do 60mph in like 5.5 sec or somat?
4.2 seconds if its the VXR220 ;)