ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Number Transfer

clio 182 black /gold
Hi, i know that you can transfer your mobile number between networks if your on a contract. Also you can transfer to PAYG from contract as i have done this on Vodafone. I have a number on PAYG on Vodafone and they are saying i cant transfer it to a contract. Is there any networks which will transfer from PAYG to their network?

clio 182 black /gold
Vodafone said they can not transfer a PAYG number to a contract. I was wondering if another network could do this?

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason they aren't doing it is because the sales people won't get the sale counted towards their target. It happened with us (T-Mobile) about 9 months ago. Instantly we were told by our area managers that PAYG to Contract sales were a waste of time and shouldn't be done, offer them a new number or tell them they can do it online. Thankfully that has now stopped.

Try doing it over the phone or online.

Other option is getting the PAC code, transferring it to another network (eg get a free PAYG SIM from most networks), after the number has transferred through call up the new network and tell them you don't get any signal so you need your PAC code, transfer it back over the new contract number you get with Voda. Long winded and will take about 5 days but its a way round it.

clio 182 black /gold
I wouldn't be surprised if the reason they aren't doing it is because the sales people won't get the sale counted towards their target. It happened with us (T-Mobile) about 9 months ago. Instantly we were told by our area managers that PAYG to Contract sales were a waste of time and shouldn't be done, offer them a new number or tell them they can do it online. Thankfully that has now stopped.

Try doing it over the phone or online.

Other option is getting the PAC code, transferring it to another network (eg get a free PAYG SIM from most networks), after the number has transferred through call up the new network and tell them you don't get any signal so you need your PAC code, transfer it back over the new contract number you get with Voda. Long winded and will take about 5 days but its a way round it.
Thank you. That makes sense i will try it.

Clio Extreme
dont talk about porting or transferring, explain that you want to migrate your pay as you go number to contract.

it classes as a new contract sale in my shop, just you would be with a temp number for about 3 days until they transfer the number over.....i used to work for a generic company and ive never had any issue doing it on any network, i now work for only provider and we have no porblems either. as i said its a new sale in my books.

it doesnt make sense to not transfer it to be honest.