ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Numberplate Light Cover

Liquid Yellow R27
Does anyone know where you can buy a brand new numberplate light cover from? I've seen this on eBay for £9.00 delivered, but it's the whole unit. Is it worth just buying the whole unit to have the new cleaner plastic cover or is there somewhere I can just buy a new plastic cover and clip onto the existing unit? Thanks in advance. :)

2014 Clio 200t edc
Speak to t21ads on here, great lad and very helpful!! I cleaned mine with bleach, which surprisingly made a big difference!

Liquid Yellow R27
Thanks guys, does t21ads sell them? I might either try cleaning mine with bleach if not, just buy one for £9.00 or from t21ads if he sells just the cover.

Seat Ibiza
I need one of these too, mine has gone yellow.

£9 isn't bad is it really? If its the whole lot. Normally corrode anyway don't they?

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Mine was all corroded and had gone yellowy. I just sanded it with a very fine wet and dry and then polished it off with compound and it's like brand new. Saves £10 and literally looks like brand new

Mine was all corroded and had gone yellowy. I just sanded it with a very fine wet and dry and then polished it off with compound and it's like brand new. Saves £10 and literally looks like brand new

This. Takes 5 mins. Mine came up like new

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Tempted to get that one off ebay actually as the bottom of mine is a state as well.

PH1 172, E39
You guys are lucky. I tried bleach on mines but the harmful effects of UV rays had already take its toll.

Clio 1.2, New Note
cleaned mine up with t-cut today and added some aluminum tape to the inside to try to point more light up rather than down as i notices one night i was lighting up the ground under my rear bumper

Liquid Yellow R27
cleaned mine up with t-cut today and added some aluminum tape to the inside to try to point more light up rather than down as i notices one night i was lighting up the ground under my rear bumper

Nice one mate, will give it a try. Nice idea with the tape, might have to try that to :)

mondeo titanium tdci
Does anyone know where you can buy a brand new numberplate light cover from? I've seen this on eBay for £9.00 delivered, but it's the whole unit. Is it worth just buying the whole unit to have the new cleaner plastic cover or is there somewhere I can just buy a new plastic cover and clip onto the existing unit? Thanks in advance. :)

I've just bought one its a bargin at the price cheers for the link mate nice one

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Ba15's and ill get a pic of mine tomorrow and then ill get one tonight because i have the led bulb in

Clio 182 FF
Ba15's and ill get a pic of mine tomorrow and then ill get one tonight because i have the led bulb in

Nice one would like to see what it looks like, already bought the wrong bulb off ebay dont wanna do it again

Also whats the interior one? looks simular but smaller perhaps?

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Its a 501 the same as sidelights need two one for the main light and one for the little spotlight thing

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
daylight
da49f885.jpg

Close up
33c54425.jpg

daylight with SMD light on
f6220bb8.jpg

night with light on
7f516d5a.jpg

£10 for full light unit from ebay
Couple of quid for a pair of SMD bulbs