ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NXT or Gold Class?

172 GTR
Which one is best on a new black car to give a good gloss but not to scratch it like super resin does.

Thanks danny

106 GTi
If I had to pick one, I'd day NXT, not a fan of either choices so I wouldnt pick either myself.

To be scratching up a car with Super Resin you must be doing something wrong as its a fantastic product.

106 GTi
Autoglym Super Resin and Extra Gloss on Black

IMG_5775.jpg

IMG_5794.jpg

Vee dub
Pretty sure most cars will have some swirls from cleaning.... unless pc'd regularly!

106 GTi
16vClio said:
Rich do you have any swirl marks on your car or is it totally perfect?

It has a few minor marks to deal with, as I have not used a cutting pad on it yet, waiting for its first Birthday (1st March) before it gest its first real machine polish. Something I only want to do once a year.

16vClio said:
Mine looks like that right now tucked up in the garage...^^

Mine doesnt... In the garage but a bit mucky!

Clio 197
WOW!

Love the AG results you've got there Rich.

It looks fantastic, and lasts a long time too!

NXT gives the same visible results... but only lasts a week (or less!), and gives very little protection IMO.

I've used both NXT and gold class... I've always like NXT more - easier to apply and remove IMO.

I've found the gold-class to be a bit sticky.... so there's danger of being too forceful when buffing-off, causing swirls.

In the past I have used a product called 3M Handglaze to get rid of swirl marks and glaze, its hard work but the finish from this product is incredible

106 GTi
Danny P said:
I used to paint cars 10 years ago so I know what im doing. I think that the super resins mildly abrasive action slightly scratches the paint. R-jay what would you use on this car to get a top result http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/1696/p1010998new6cc.jpg

ps which is your favorite as you said you dont like nxt or gold class

You working by hand or machine ?

I actually Prefer Super Resin and Extra Gloss over both NXT and Gold Glass.

Super resin is *very* mildly abbrasive, but tests have shown by hand it removes no clearcoat. Applied correctly I have never seen it put in marks. The AG paint renovator however does.

Vee dub
I have just realised we are talking about wax and not shampoo :eek:

Reminder not to post after work

106 GTi
williams-ant said:
In the past I have used a product called 3M Handglaze to get rid of swirl marks and glaze, its hard work but the finish from this product is incredible

It wont remove them, it will only fill and hide them. Like you say is very hard work, are easier options to do the same job.

ST
omar said:
WOW!

NXT gives the same visible results... but only lasts a week (or less!), and gives very little protection IMO.

I've used both NXT and gold class... I've always like NXT more - easier to apply and remove IMO.

I've found the gold-class to be a bit sticky.... so there's danger of being too forceful when buffing-off, causing swirls.

You aint seen mine yet mate lol..

106 GTi
omar said:
Oh... are you PCing my car or what? :)

You where meant to send me some pics!

omar said:
WOW!

Anything looks good over correct paint prep, its not what you use, but how you use it and how well the paint is prepared.

I found that with Gold Class to, supposed to be reformulated to sort that now though.

Clio 197
I had the car beautifully waxed yesterday... so that I could take pics.

Guess what? My trip to southampton and back has turned it into a sh*tbox again, lol!

Grrrr!

106 GTi
Danny P said:
all by hand mate. Am i pressing on too hard???

Apply it with a foam hand pad on clean well washed paint and remove with a good microfiber cloth and results should be A1. It needs reasonable pressure to do it's job, no need to push on the pad really hard though. Nice and thin coats to avoid dusting.

106 GTi
omar said:
I had the car beautifully waxed yesterday... so that I could take pics.

Guess what? My trip to southampton and back has turned it into a sh*tbox again, lol!

Grrrr!

Bloody weather!

ST
Carry on old son...if the weather is good over the week end mine will be, washed, dried, super resin', then finished with extra gloss...then maybe some #16, then i'll pass round the sick buckets to my neighbours....

106 GTi
The opposite to Alan, I find the Megiuars yellow hand pads ideal, where as the terry applictor pads work well, but soak up and waste alot of product.

Different people get on better with different products and process.

ST
Mrs aint playin the game these days sir....she's doin her finals this year and sortin out her dissertation so gives me lotsa time to play with the car..

Oh and Tom our room, lutterworth you know where its at..

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
williams-ant said:
Here are some pics of my lancia done with Gold Class:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a102/cupratee/P2190001.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a102/cupratee/P2190010.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a102/cupratee/P2190003.jpg

Looks stunning, makes the red really deep - unfortunately she is going on Friday and Im going to buy a ClioSport to save myself some money for a while

Off topic here m8, but that last picture is just awesome. It would sit next to my Evo 6 RS Sprint in the 'rally corner' of my Dream Garage..... :approve:

D.

vx220
I've had a few conversations with WD PRO regarding the nxt vs gold class topic! He in the past has emailed one of the guys on the meg's forum regarding the two, resulting in him sticking to the gold class. However ive always used nxt and found it more than good enough. he now however after using nxt himself also agrees that there is nothing in it what so ever other than a price difference! Id rather pocket the diff and have a similar result!

Octavia VRS
16vClio said:
Carry on old son...if the weather is good over the week end mine will be, washed, dried, super resin', then finished with extra gloss...then maybe some #16, then i'll pass round the sick buckets to my neighbours....

I'm doing the same b**ch....depending on weather of course. Better be mild and sunny!

106 GTi
The main problem for me with both NXT and the Gold Glass is neither are that easy to use. There are lots of products especially working by hand that go on and off a lot easier.

ST
I find NXT very easy to put on and buff off? Tho i hated Gold Glass, very hard to work indeed...

I must buy some P21 carnuba soon too...