ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

O2 Broadband - anyone with them ?

VW ....
Have you been with them longer than 12 mths ?

If you phone them & agree to a new 12mths contract ,you will get 3mths free .

Enjoy :)

Clio MK III Dci 106
I will be with them 12 months at the end of October. I moved house in April, and they gave me 3 months free!! When I signed up, I got £60 by going through Quidco, so I've had 9 months free from them!!!

dk

911 GTS Cab
was just going to start an o2 thread, can't decide whether to go for the premium or the pro package.

Only real difference to me is the upload speed i guess, so is it worth nearly double the cost for double the upload speed, does it really make any real difference?

also can;t understand why Be advertise it as 24mb whereas o2 say 20mb when its the same service?

*edit and just checked quidco and i can get £75 back for the premium, plus 3 months free, so £15 for a years BB, not bad at all!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Upload speed is only REALLY worth it if you are a mega photo uploader or part of a private torrent site where you must upload? If not a waste of money imo.

I've found the upload to be fine on the lower package.

172 Cup
also can;t understand why Be advertise it as 24mb whereas o2 say 20mb when its the same service?

If you read properly both advertise it as an "up to xxmb" service. o2 just take a more cautious approach to the available speed that's all.

I've been with Be from the beginning. Can't fault them. It may be the same network but customer service and a few intricacies are separate however.

496858719.png

dk

911 GTS Cab
If you read properly both advertise it as an "up to xxmb" service. o2 just take a more cautious approach to the available speed that's all.

I've been with Be from the beginning. Can't fault them. It may be the same network but customer service and a few intricacies are separate however.

496858719.png
lol, come on Griff, you should know I know that!

I'm a fecking senior technical consultant in computing ;)

WHich is why i don't understand the difference in advertising as i know the stuff is the same.

Guess it must just be that o2 are more cautious as you say.

*edit (as you edited ;) ) i can't really not go for o2 as i am on an iphone as its dirt cheap and i should get the same speed and QOS really, hopefully will never need to ring tech support but o2 don't seem to rate too badly in that dept either.

I guess you must be on their middle package too with the 1.3mb upload?

dk

911 GTS Cab
I'd have it if i could get it.
i'm only presuming i can at the moment as i haven't got a telephone number to check it against yet, although the exchange is LLU'd with o2/Be and I am going to be living about 30 metres from it so i'm hoping its going to be rapid.

been stuck on 4mb for too long now!

172 Cup
I've got an iPhone too. Simple.. Call Be, say you can get o2 for £x and they will match it.

I still think, well know actually, that being with Be is better than being with o2.

Same network but both companies operate as separate entities.

Think of it this way. o2 for mainstream customers, Be for forward thinking and the more personal approach.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bebroadbandpress

dk

911 GTS Cab
hmmm, interesting idea, never thought of them price matching it, will try that.

thanks.

*edit, only issue, no quidco, o2 £15 for the year, Be £120 even if they do match. Could do o2 for first year and then if they don't match up go for Be the next i guess.

Last edited:
  172 Cup
Be is on Quidco. Specsavers? ;)

(Granted it's not the same amount but I'll let you look and find it)

172 Cup
Back into serious mode.

If you're just after a hassle free ISP then I'd go with o2 Dave.

If you prefer the personal approach with better customer support then go with Be. As an example I'm lined up to trial line bonding and FTTC with Be (long story) which o2 aren't taking part in.

dk

911 GTS Cab
lol, i've looked for be, be there and be unlimited

the closest match is a womens clothing shop lol

*edit, ahhh, bethere without the space lol, talk about specific!

Bux

Golf GTD
Im with O2, and ive had no problems.
Went from download speeds of 250kb/s up to around 2mb/s. Also pretty cheap if you already have a phone contract with them :p

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
o2 here - no issues had it for over 2 years - as above if your an o2 mobile contract user its only £7 something!

Can't fault them, not signing up to another 12months though as I may be moving out soon.