ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

o2 broadband

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
Been on o2 for about 4 weeks now after being on sh*tty orange bb.

Always had issues with broadband over my line and im a far way from the exchange (4km or so). Still got issues with it but o2 support have been fantasic, call centre is based in Scotland instead of the usual India and all calls are freephone.

My sync rate was around 3,000 but now im plugged into the test socket im getting 5,700 !! Getting an upload sync of 1,100 aswell which is brilliant when im working at home and working with remote desktop. Even the master socket plate was only showing 3,000 so there is defintely an issue with the wiring on the master socket.

Guy has called me back twice already today which is a nice change. He is monitoring the line for a few hours and calling me back again in a little while.

Still got problems but so happy I can speak to someone who knows whats going on and doesnt read from script! .... and doesnt charge you 50p per min even when you have a fault!

All in all excellent! ... and only £7.50 a month :approve:

Just got with these myself. Cheap enough and great with sending texts/emails letting you know the status. Was synching at 4mb down 1mb up and speeds/pings were great.

Not had chance to test it fully though as it was only up for half a day then BT accidently cut our phone line off which hasn't yet been fixed :mad:

It runs on the same network as Be broadband so should be pretty much spot on.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
The free wireless box is quite good aswell, plenty of connections on the back and some decent options to tweak with in there. Mum and dad have it aswell now (after their orange bb stopped working!) and i've tweaked some settings in the firewall so I can remote desktop to them when they are having problems.

A red missile
Thinking of swapping to o2 myself, the wireless box that you get, does it have ethernet for a hard wired network as well?

Lou

Been trying to get o2 broadband since it was released. Not able to get it in my area at moment apparently :(

tiTTy & SV650
they get great reviews on the price comparison sites, once I get a landline for the flat I'll be signing up through my mobile contract. £7.50 a month or so?