ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Useless broadband provider customer service

Ollie's Silver Cup
I've been experiencing slow 'superfast' broadband speeds for the past couple of days;

818802638.png

Decided to give Virgin Media a call tonight in an attempt to see what's cracking!

After the usual waiting for an advisor to become available, a guy in a foreign call centre answered. He took the account number and checked the line and area, claiming there were no issues reported.

He then asked if I was using a router and whether it was a Virgin Media router! Told him I was using an Apple time capsule, to which he replied 'the problem is the router you are using, it is not a Virgin Media router.' He cannot deal with the issue, but will transfer it to a different department :banghead: At this point, I hung up!

Having now looked at their own forum on the help and support section of the virgin media website, there are multiple topics and posts from customers with LE postcodes all experiencing the same problem for the past couple of days! They also acknowledge there's a problem currently affecting the LE5 postcode area. So, I'm assuming I'm just experiencing the same as many others in this area! :) There are engineers working on that forum, helping to resolve problems, etc and they do appear to be knowledgeable and helpful. I wonder why there's been no note made of the issue though :dead:

This isn't the first time I've experienced next to useless customer service from Virgin Media and am considering changing provider because of this! Are all broadband providers this helpful?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Calling late is always going to get you through to an overseas call centre. Call during the day if you can. Also, the support forum is meant to be better than calling.

Ollie's Silver Cup
Calling late is always going to get you through to an overseas call centre. Call during the day if you can. Also, the support forum is meant to be better than calling.

The information from other customers posts on the support forum was much more helpful tbh!

People in LE2, LE4, LE5 areas are all having the same problem, so it's nothing for me to worry about really :)

Just the uselessness and incorrectness of the guy on the phone tonight; they would do better closing the support line earlier than give customers information like that! :rasp:

Ollie's Silver Cup
haha! Exactly mirrors the experiences I've had with them tbh!

Earlier today it was running at 10MB, it's down to 0.7 again now! Awesome :cool: