ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

o2 contract question....

My contract expires early in 2010 but I want too see what the new iphone is like... if I do not renew my contract does it then go on a month by month basis or do I get tied in to a new 18 month contract if I don't tell them I want to cancel?

Cheers!

ahh cheers! so in theroy I could just keep in rolling until new iphone is out and either upgrade then or just cancel altogether?

Ad

MK2 FRS
When is the new iPhone due?

In a similar position and dont see the point in ugrading to the 3GS when somenthing else must be around the corner.

Barge
3Gs was released 19th June this year. Could be similar time.

If I were you, I'd get a cracker of a contract out of them. Loads of minutes, free web, unlimited texts etc and get a regular phone - sell that and keep the money from it running the contact in the phone you have at present. I'd buy the iPisch on PAYG when it's released and simply run your contract alongside the iPhone.

That's what I do.

ST
3Gs was released 19th June this year. Could be similar time.

If I were you, I'd get a cracker of a contract out of them. Loads of minutes, free web, unlimited texts etc and get a regular phone - sell that and keep the money from it running the contact in the phone you have at present. I'd buy the iPisch on PAYG when it's released and simply run your contract alongside the iPhone.

That's what I do.

Indeed, i know a few folk who are doing similar things, not just on 02, the if i'd upgraded to the iPhone with Orange it would cost me £122 a month for unlimited data, texts and 1200 mins, eh how about fook off!!

ST
Well as above, £122.34 for a free iPhone 3GS in white with unlimited texts, 1200 mins and unlimited data.

Citroen DS3 White
Change your O2 contract onto Simplicity on the day it expires then its the same rolling contract, just cheaper. I did that earlier this year to get me to the 19th June, which was officially iPhone day for me.

Audi S1
Well as above, £122.34 for a free iPhone 3GS in white with unlimited texts, 1200 mins and unlimited data.

Ok, still don't know how your getting that price - the only thing I didn't add was a White 3gs - I added a black 1.

ST
FFS, are you blind or incapable of reading or something, it says it clearly on the bottom tarrifs!!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I did similar this January. Got a £10ish a month contract (600mins 500texts & free data) and bought the 3GS on payg, will save me nearly £200 compared to the iPhone pay monthly contracts.

Audi S1
Indeed, i know a few folk who are doing similar things, not just on 02, the if i'd upgraded to the iPhone with Orange it would cost me £122 a month for unlimited data, texts and 1200 mins, eh how about fook off!!

And if were talking about me being blind, stupid, FFS.

Maybe you should check your eyes... It's "unlimited" minutes

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Phone up and ask them to reduce your monthly bill if your out of contract as your not paying for a new phone.

ST
And if were talking about me being blind, stupid, FFS.

Maybe you should check your eyes... It's "unlimited" minutes

Look dickmouf, thats what I was offered!!

Get the chip off your shoulder and read properly yourself, cardboard cut out cannt! ;)

Leon Cupra 300
Is it just unlimited 'data' i need to use all the stuff on the iphone or is it unlimited 'internet' or are they the same things? or are there 2 things i need unlimited for it.. lol i'm super-out of touch with this s**t these days.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
There's unlimited data and unlimited wifi.

Data is for 3g, etc, wifi is for wifi hotspots. Each is £7.50/month iirc. I just have the data on mine, far more useful than wifi.

I thought wi-fi was free as its basically picking up a wireless signal? I was connecting my LG Arena using wi-fi to my wireless hub at home using wi-fi.

Artic 182
Change your O2 contract onto Simplicity on the day it expires then its the same rolling contract, just cheaper. I did that earlier this year to get me to the 19th June, which was officially iPhone day for me.

You will lose your loyalty by doing that and end up paying more for the new contract