ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

occasional alarm problems

Clio 182
I've owned my 182 for a few weeks and noticed that the car will occasionally beep just after being locked, thought at first it meant a door or window was open but they all appear to be shut each time. both the dashboard light and light by the gear lever flash after this so I'm assuming the alarm has been activated (am i right in assuming the light by the gear lever is alarm and the one on the dash is immobiliser?)

Also have had a couple of times now when I unlock the car and open it the alarm goes off. The second time I unlocked it and opened it straight away, and think I may have done the same the first time. Does anyone know if there is a slight delay between the car unlocking and the alarm turning off?

Thanks

RS Clio 182
The alarm can be temperamental, if you pull out the key from the ignition and jump straight out and lock the car it can cause the beeps. Same with the unlock, give it a second from unlocking to opening and you should be fine. Takes a second to update itself.

Clio 182
oh right cheers, i've been leaving it a few seconds since unlocking to open the car and havnt had the alarm go off, will try leaving it a few seconds before locking to see if that stops the beeps.

RS 182
Exactly same thing with my recent 182 purchase. Its annoying when ur rushing around and need to unlock and get in your car quick lol. Just have to take it easy and slower and then alarm is all fine!

172/1.2/E30
Yupp, the alarm system is crap. First thing when i bought my car and waiting for the ferry back to the continent was firing the alarm off. Quite annoying when you're surrounded by waiting/sleeping people.

Ph2 Flamer
Got exact same thing on my 172. think I saw a post by an autoelectrician on here and the beeps on getting out are cos the ecu thinks the engine is still running. On getting into the car I think it must just need a second or so to work out you've turned the alarm off. French!