ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

October Photography Competition - Otherworldly

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Adrian (Red Cup) won in September with this photo:

RedCup_zpsf4345654.jpg

The theme for October is otherworldly,

It's an interesting theme, you can do a lot with. See Flickr for some inspiration - http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=otherworldly

So - Entries close on the 31st October

The Rules:

- The photo must be taken this month.

- Post a maximum of 3 images at one time, you can come back with more pics if you have tried something different, but please stick to 3 pics max each time.

- You MUST flag one image as your entry, feel free to repost your chosen image towards the end of the comp with 'entry' above it, this will be placed into a new thread at the end of the alloted time for people to vote on. Only images with entry clearly written above or below it will be accepted.

- Try to keep posted images to a max of around 800px wide.

- No rules on photoshop use etc, but this is first and foremost a photography contest, not a photoshop contest.

- All images entered must be taken within this month.

- If you want to change your entry, you MUST PM me (jenic) before the closing date.

- If you haven't followed the above rules don't come moaning when your picture isn't in the voting thread.

The Winner will win a special ClioSport.net goody bag and pick the November theme!

Good luck !!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Odd choice... can't really get a grasp of it via Flickr TBH - it's either just landscapes or people dressed like world of warcraft weirdos... Maybe it's just me ? :S

Could be interesting - or a total washout.... I hope the first :)

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'm the same from looking at Flickr.

I do have an idea which I've tried recently without success, so if I can nail that then I might have something.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I've got an idea and half of what I need, I'm just not sure that I'll get the time to go out and find what else I need to do it, and have the time now.

Tricky theme...

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I had an idea. But my camera wasn't good enough to pull it off. I'll post up what I had in mind, but it's out of focus.

POS camera couldn't focus in the light conditions I had.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Yes yes, I know.

But I had Olivia (who I was trying to focus on) and no one to hold a torch. Was using live view and the focus was just spitting it's dummy out, and it was too dark for MF really.

I'll go get my MBP now and get the pic off of there.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I was on a tripod. It was dark. I was trying to focus on Olivia's coat.

I may give it another go if it stops raining tonight. Getting this photo is taking a while because I need to update iphoto since updating my OS as I can't even open it. Wonderful. LOL

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Right, here's what I was going for (the idea, not how s**t the photos turned out).

IMG_5926_zpsbe1bc49e.jpg

IMG_5923_zps8f57fe71.jpg

Oh and Rob, you can zoom in on the screen in live view? On mine? You sure?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Should look good dude, white balance change and it'll be good. I can't think of anything.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Now I've seen that, why would you a) not be able to focus and b) need to zoom in !? :S

What is this .. amateur hour ?

Try - live view + press the buttons under the shutter on the back face, as you'd zoom in viewing taken shots.

Also, use 2-sec timer FFS. Those look awful.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Was using a 2 second timer, honest.

And why wouldn't it focus? I can only assume because my sensor is s**t.

I tried multiple times to focus. I'm not sure if I was getting tripod shake from the wind, that could have been the problem. I've not done any editing Ant because they were rubbish.

Edit: On my camera Bobby J, that button you talk of does the focus.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I don't think so, camera was at the very bottom of the tripods ability, so must have been at least a meter. I'll give it another go if I get a chance.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
What camera are you using Rob? Were you using auto focus?

This is what I want to try nut I want to get a good mask and some sort of costume although I'm not sure I will manage to get it now. i have everything for lighting the scene up and a good place to shoot it.

9526271965_2bdae429fd_c.jpg

Light Painting with LED's and EL wire by RickDrew, on Flickr

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Canon 500D, with only the kit lens (it's either that or my 50mm). And yes, using auto focus, but doing it through live view and point focusing it. It literally wouldn't focus.