ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Off to look at a 182 - Advice please!

RB FF 182
hello,

On friday im going to look at a Blue 2005 182 in what appears to be standard trim.
It doesn't have any cup packs, but seems to have most other extras as well as a FRSH.

Any advice on where to look for faults or imperfections that are common? Any niggly faults that I should overlook becasue they are a doddle to fix?

And most importantly is there anything that should make me just walk away?

Cheers for all your Help in advance.

Niall

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
In all honesty, there's no reason to buy a car w/out cup packs over a 172. Hold out for the cup packs, or get a late 172.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Cup packs are a must to IMO.

Most other extras? There aint any apart from Cup packs, recaros and sat nav.

Cup packs are a must to IMO.

Most other extras? There aint any apart from Cup packs, recaros and sat nav.

There was a sound system upgrade too iirc...

agree with the cup packs. Im suprised there's cars out there without them

RB FF 182
f**k, just realised i put this in the wrong section.

Well I intend to put coilovers in so the cup suspension package doesnt bother me.

I prefer the smaller spoiler also. What else does the cup pack consist of? A Splitter and what else...

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Cup packs are

Cuped suspension and amphasite wheels

Front splitter and rear spoiler.

"Navy" N17 TWO
If you don't get the Cup-packed one then you can always buy a spoiler at a later date, probably cheaper than holding out for the cup-packed car too :)

RB FF 182
Thanks Dr Rollo,don't seem like such a must IMO as I'll be changing wheels and suspension eventually and the Carbonfibre Cup slitters are rather tasty.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/843169.htm

This is the one I'm off to look at. I think the price seems good for the milage and year too.

Also i'd rather have this over a 172 as I'd like a fresher car than my 2002 focus.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Are none cupped 182s harder to get suspension for cos of the bolt spacing?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Nope, they have the same setup as 172's, so actually you have more choice in coilovers

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Ohhhhh thats sneaky! lol

Well can anyone give me any tips on what to look outfor?
I've been strongly advised to look out for non-members ;).
PM me your email and I'll send over a guide I've got saved. Your bank details are voluntary.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
sorry to hijack, but when u say late 172, do u just mean a ph2 or is there a difference in some ph2's?
Late 172's (ph2) had cruise control and TC/esp. Early ph2's didn't, the one's inbetween had TC/esp but not cruise.

niggly faults - ive had a few on mine lol! cv joint (knocking on full lock and bumping), coolant temp sensor (acting like a rev counter!), arb mounts/other bushes etc, just the normal really! obviously you want the oil to be nice and fresh on the dipstick, not thick and gloopy, no bubbles in the header tank when the engines running, nice clean water aswell etc etc.

Cro

Meg'd r27
If your worried Niall, you can give me a shout and i'll go with you. Nothing I havn't seen before :approve:

RB FF 182
Dude i might well take you up on that.

Can you add me onto msn, ill be on later this evening.
gobsheene@ gmail.com

RB FF 182
There's only 31K on it so I dont think either are quite due yet.

35k for the Aux and 70K for the CAM isnt it?

Should probably be done before this, but its something ill be getting done as soon as I get one :)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
There's only 31K on it so I dont think either are quite due yet.

35k for the Aux and 70K for the CAM isnt it?

Should probably be done before this, but its something ill be getting done as soon as I get one :)
Cambelt is 5 years as well.

RB FF 182
Cheers Warren, and thanks for the Email too, most informatavie! Nearly choked when i seen the length of it... ahem