ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Off to sit my frigging CCNA tomorrow...........

Not a 320d
And ive got a bad upper airways infection, been trying to get some last minute revision done and im just like. ................ UH DURRRRRRRRR. Been using the pass4sure questions too and i must be getting 90% of them correct, cant be that easy can it ?. Cant wait to get hit with those sims tomorrow :nono:

Great. £140 down the toilet i guess, not that i was going to pass anyways.

Anyone done it recently, the 640-802 ?

Facelift R53 Cooper S
Good luck, i passed mine in february

I failed my CCNP: BSCI 642-901 in august :( so gonna re-sit that at the end of october

I love Cisco stuff, but the exams are a pain

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Im just about to sit my semester 3 of my CCNA course ... any tips ? STP/RSTP etc is a pain in the arse...

Good luck on your exam.

Not a 320d
Sem 3 was my favorite and interested me the most and will prolly be the most useful to you. Yeah as for tips, revise it all !!! do the labs too. Spanning tree is ghey and Rapid is even gayer. Swear to god im so screwed tho.

DMS

A thirsty 172
I passed mine in December 2007. I think the questions are fairly similar nowadays, don't think they've changed much.
If you're getting 90% or so on the Pass4Sure tests you should have no problem when it comes to doing the multiple choice bit for real. The simulations are a different story though, since you have to actually know what you're doing to do well in them. You can't just learn the answers.

I've found an iPhone app called iCertify which helps you to revise for the CCNA / Network+ exams on your iPhone (while pooing or hanging around waiting for your Mrs etc...). T'is good for jogging your memory if you've already passed, so I think it'd work well for someone who's actually revising for the exam(s).

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
I should really finish my cisco. Only have semseter 4 to do now.

I find cisco so boring right now, not motivated to do it. Networking doesnt seem to be my amazingly confident subject right now.

Not a 320d
Good luck, have you used sadhikhov at all for guides?

No, i used Cybex after id done the curriculum but the guy waffles on so much its unreal, i ended up using a load of CCNA vids from CBT nuggets as i found the guys method of VLSM, and subnetting easy as pie.

I dont give a s**t anymore tbh, i guess this can just be a trial to see how badly i suck at it.

Facelift R53 Cooper S
No, i used Cybex after id done the curriculum but the guy waffles on so much its unreal, i ended up using a load of CCNA vids from CBT nuggets as i found the guys method of VLSM, and subnetting easy as pie.

Is that Jeremy Cioara?

That bloke is my hero! lol, i have all his CCNP vids

A4 Avant & A3
Good luck in the exam, i've done the ccent followed by ccna course, not yet had time to prepare & take the exam though.
Must get on the case at some point!!

Good luck!

Not a 320d
Lol 706/1000, needed 825 to pass.

Got raped on switching security, which i didnt revise.

Sims were mostly Troubleshooting ACl's, Nat n stuff, and i had to configure NAT, but it was a case of, the ISP gives you 6 useable public addresses, you have 30 hosts, get it working. Im guessing i should have used Dynamic NAT rarther than PAT but could i f**k do it. And i had a Ripv2 config one to do but it was a piece of piss.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Sorry to hear to that bud. Least you know what to expect on the resit although it will be different stuff you get tested on.

Not looking forward to my CCNA.

Facelift R53 Cooper S
Sorry to hear to that bud. Least you know what to expect on the resit although it will be different stuff you get tested on.

Not looking forward to my CCNA.

Thats what happened to me, i failed my CCNA twice before i passed and every time it was strong on a different subject.

Not a 320d
Aye no big deal i guess, just like failing a driving test in some ways. Not sure if and when ill resit it now for that reason.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Definitely worth it ! stick with it !

Im on semester 3, for some reason I was having a trouble understanding STP/RSTP etc. but I stuck with it and just took the test exam for that chapter getting me 97% fired through the next chapter as it was all familiar and got 91% just got the last chapter to do then sitting final exam 3.

Just think how great it will be to have the CCNA on your CV ;)

Not a 320d
Exactly thats why i want it. Im concerned now as ill end up getting different sims, i need to go back over eigrp and i hate STP with a passion.