ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my 172

ph2 172 ff
me and my car have a real love hate relationship, to be honest when i first bought her i loved every minute off driving she felt so much nicer than my old valver refined better made etc, i bought the car knowing that it needed a cambelt change but i had budgeted for this so all was well, i had big plans for my lil monaco. After getting it serviced with 57k on the clock all was well but i noticed a slight clicking noise form the front drivers side i thought nothing of it but as time went on it gradually got louder and louder, months had passed with pretty trouble free motoring untill it needed its next service at 71k

i took it to birchdown wehre i had a small service(all major bits were done at first service) and i had the drivers side driveshaft replaced due to this being the cause of the clicking. By this time i had had it lowered and an uprated janspeed cat back exhaust had been fitted due to the standard backbox falling off while driving. Just recently however issues with the car have got much worse and incidents have meant more work needs doing.

I was driving on the weekend before christmas and hit a kurb at about 50mph the car filled up with smoke and the passnger side airbag went off as well as rendering my drivers side wheel useless (impact on drivers side) i changed the wheel and drove the car cautiously home as the steering felt a little wooly

now the past week i have noticed the car using oil and the light came on on the dash i checked the oil, it was on the minimum i had only had it serviced about 2 months ago so why was it using the oil ?
Recently i have noticed small patches underneath the car had a look and sure enough i believe the sump to be cracked as oil is coming from this area. now i cant use the car and the list off what needs doing to it has grew.

i tried selling the car prior to the sump cracking and didnt really get really much interest so i have decided ( at the moment at least) to start fixing her up and getting her back to how she used to be:D.

The car gets on my nerves and sometimes i really hate it but there is a certain charm about it something that makes me smile when i think off the car something that makes me happy, how jeremy clarkson described a mans relationship with an alfa romeo for all their faults you know how driving it makes you feel.

the things that need doing are as follows:

new sump
new sterring rack
new discs and pads all round
new passenger seat( toying with the idea off recaros)
new airbag ecu
two new tyres
exhaust mounting

as i have regained interest in my car i may after this is done look into making a few subtle modifications, coilovers , remap and wheels .

pictures to follow and updates. :)