ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Official O2 Unlock Available

Monaco 172
it says....

iPhone Pay & Go customers

Yes, you can unlock your iPhone for a one-off cost of £14.69. You'll pay for this from the money topped-up on your phone.

But if you unlock your iPhone less than 12 months after you bought it, we'll take off the free Web & Wi-Fi Bolt On (that we added for the first 12 months). You can buy a Web & Wi-Fi Bolt On for £10 a month when you fill in the unlocking form. Find out more about the Web & Wi-Fi Bolt On here.

quoted from the site.

Go cry to your momma!
it says....

iPhone Pay & Go customers

Yes, you can unlock your iPhone for a one-off cost of £14.69. You'll pay for this from the money topped-up on your phone.

But if you unlock your iPhone less than 12 months after you bought it, we'll take off the free Web & Wi-Fi Bolt On (that we added for the first 12 months). You can buy a Web & Wi-Fi Bolt On for £10 a month when you fill in the unlocking form. Find out more about the Web & Wi-Fi Bolt On here.

They've changed it then :)

When they first announced that they'd be unlocking them, for pre pay the wait was 12 months!

Favourable change for once!

quoted from the site.

They've changed it then :)

When they first announced that they'd be unlocking them, for pre pay the wait was 12 months!

Favourable change for once!

I've got an O2 contract (non iPhone) and bought a 3GS on PAYG. Use the contract sim in the iPhone.

Used my O2 contract number on the O2 site 2 days ago. Got a text yesterday:

"Your iphone is now unlocked. To use a non-o2 sim card in you Iphone."

^ Yes that is exactly what they sent lol. I assume it is now done?

Monaco 172
damn...should have used my contract instead of this payg one i got with it! im in no rush anyway its unlocked! lol

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
Just to clarify this..Mine was on PAYG - Jailbroken and Unlocked. I sent in the form with my O2PAYG Number.

The official unlock is over iTunes. It uses the IMEI/Serial Number to unlock the phone. So if you are already unlocked unofficially then you can continue to use your other network SIM in there.

I've had the O2 PAYG SIM in another phone waiting for the text to come through.

I only put in my O2 PAYG Sim in when Restoring to Factory Spec (just in case!) and got the message to say 'your iPhone is now unlocked'. The using the Backup its put all my stuff back on.

Mot - I believe O2 have had to change the terms and conditions, so you can unlock as soon as you like.

I've had a flaw with my Backup - None of my App's downloaded via the App Store work any more!!!!!!!:mad:

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Bump ... I've just upgraded to the new software to wipe the unlock. Just topped up a sim card with £20 and requested the unlock.

Anyone know how long this is roughly taking at the moment?

Go cry to your momma!
Read on macrumours earlier that it took 2 days but I guess the amount of requests will have risen since monday night..

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Thanks Dude.

They've taken the credit out of my account so I'm hopeing it'll be done soon.

Go cry to your momma!
Last time I did one about a year ago, it took a week or so :)

They'll get around to it though..

1998 BMW e46 323i
Not an o2 unlock, but I just got my 3GS unlocked by Vodafone. The f**king arseholes took months of arguing to finally accept I could have my iPhone unlocked. Paid to end my contract a few months early, because since we moved over a year ago I couldn't make a call indoors, and was lucky if I got a text through...

Now with TESCO mobile 30 day sim only deal, will see how it goes.

Didn't get a text/email off Voda to tell me I could unlock, I just popped in an old o2 sim and ran iTunes.

Never gonna use Vodafone again.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    162.4 KB · Views: 47
  Honda. Tesla Someday
i requested my unlock from o2 over a week ago! Its the third time I'm doing it cos its my third damn replacement from apple!

Anyways, when u plugged in to itunes, did that unlock message pop up on its own!?

If i plug in to itunes with my o2 sim still in, would that just pop up?

thanks

1998 BMW e46 323i
I put a different sim in to try, then iTunes did the rest, don't think it would have with the sim original sim, but I can't be sure.

Do apple supply locked iPhones then?

Go cry to your momma!
they're locked when you first activate them (if they need to be, it's all done by the serial number)

1998 BMW e46 323i
That's what I thought… Same when you upgrade the OS, it activates and unlocks. Don't understand your situation DeeKay.