ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OFFSET? Hifi screwed!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Hi... I have a Sony headunit, Pioneer fronts, and some 6x9s, sub and amp.

95% of the time when I turn the stereo on, the front speakers pop (physically moving) then OFFSET appears on my headunit, and a random amount of speakers will work! Yesterday for instance, only my front right speaker was working, no sub or anything. The other day the sub was working but none of the speakers, you get it.... it's basically totally random every time!

More often than not though, it's beginning to happen that nothing at all worked :nono: have checked the fuses, all good. Unplugged and reconnected everything and it actually seemed to work fine! For one day at least, then it was back to it's games. Any idea why it's doing this? Wiring? Headunit? I have another headunit I could try but I'd need to get different wires as it's an Alpine, and I also have an Alpine amp to try but need to but another fuse...

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Could be worth trying. Although I found a manual for my headunit and downloaded it and it say something along the lines of...

Offset - There is an internal malfunction. If this error appears more than once, contact your local sony technician center.