ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oh dear..back to Inchcape tomorrow.

Hi, just got back from Southampton and the Clio is poorly.

It's an 06 campus sport (i'll never break any world records), that has had one service at Rentech (15,000 miles).
For the last 1500 miles the car has had an intermittent fault that coincides with my water temp gauge showing no temp even after 25 minutes of motorway driving! In fact recently it hasn't even managed to reach 4 'blobs'. When the gauge registers 0 blobs the engine freely revs upto 3.5k rpm and maintains this (no throttle applied and out of gear). This never happens on start up, only after driving the car for several minutes. The car also judders and splutters when throttle is applied whilst on the move and whilst in gear below 3.5k rpm. Pulling away from stand still is impossible at these times and the car just stalls when i engage 1st even if i put my foot down.

The car is under warranty, but it has been back to the Southampton dealer and they couldn't find a fault code, so they did nothing. I have pulled off the M3 twice this week and got stuck on Thomas Lewis Way this morning at the lights - a bit embarassing when you get left behind by a bus!

My current thinking is that it is just a sensor and that the engine thinks that everything is normal and that is why no fault code appeared.
I know this is a long 'spiel' but any thoughts before i hand it back on Monday would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Thanks for the replies.

Actually I did mention it to Rentech when it went in for its service and was told that it is normal for these engines to often show a low water temperature so i left it at that. It has since gotten much worse.

Ok when i take the car in i will leave have a word with the technician and suggest that this sensor might be the problem.

Thanks again and if there are any other suggestions i will happily add them to the list!