ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oh dear, how long before they catch up with this guy?

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
Usual cliosport response. If it was someone well known on here, they would be licking his arse. You've all done it. Get over yourselves. Rant over.

I lick no ones arse!!!! Well maybe Mrs SkinDeep when I am waisted!

MKIII 138
I can reasonably expect my son to get killed??? WTF

it means.. there isnt a gurantee that this wont happen even if everyone stuck religiously to the speed limits.

there are randoms..

tiredness,
blindspots,
mobile phone,
stero fiddling,
tyre blowouts,
animals jumping in front of you,
concentration lapse (happens when bored going slow !)
weather,
elderly people,
busses,
trucks,
tractors,
cars speeding,
poorly maintained roads,
road works,
burst pipes.
leaves,

etc..

+ so much more.

you cant safe guard your children on the roads !! . buy a volvo.. still no good it can still happen. there is no way to avoid it nothing you can do. dont belive it if it makes you feel better but driving on UK roads is a lottery of chance.

doing 120 is pretty dim in that type of vehicle a cup has a light back end and isnt really any good at those speeds. but step into a bigger car designed for topend and stability is almost the same at 150 as it is at 100.

sorry to burst the bubble but this is a performance car site full of people with hothatches, scoobs,svo`s, bikes, vx`s, elises

we dont all travel at 120 or film it and put it on the web but we all have probably broken the limit by mistake or otherwise

5mph is the same as 60mph in the eyes of the law.

Clio
i never break the limit by mistake, its always intended, but i do it when the time is right, 130 is stupid on any road in fairness but like iv already said, what he was doing was not dangerous, just abit of fun, he knew the consiquences had he got caught/crashed, same for any of us that speed, its just a risk we take isnt it.

Engles Mummy
Bah 130, that it?

Me an lawrence took his to 147!

To be honest 130 in a cup isn't a hard task, over 140 is when it gets interesting.

Engles Mummy
Usual cliosport response. If it was someone well known on here, they would be licking his arse. You've all done it. Get over yourselves. Rant over.

Exactly.

But if your going to attempt that speed...make sure your wheel bolts are done up tight :)

MKIII 138
Bah 130, that it?

Me an lawrence took his to 147!

To be honest 130 in a cup isn't a hard task, over 140 is when it gets interesting.

interesting spell SCARY lol.

btw to experience the abilities of a sports car you are usually on the limit or above even if you do a corner at 60mph and your on the speed limit you could easliy still kill someone.

speed doesnt have to kill if the driver awareness is upto scratch.

Engles Mummy
Interesting fact -

More people have died travelling at 80mph or under, then people doing 120mph or over.

Ummmm

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
I can reasonably expect my son to get killed??? WTF

it means.. there isnt a gurantee that this wont happen even if everyone stuck religiously to the speed limits.

there are randoms..

tiredness,
blindspots,
mobile phone,
stero fiddling,
tyre blowouts,
animals jumping in front of you,
concentration lapse (happens when bored going slow !)
weather,
elderly people,
busses,
trucks,
tractors,
cars speeding,
poorly maintained roads,
road works,
burst pipes.
leaves,

etc..

+ so much more.

you cant safe guard your children on the roads !! . buy a volvo.. still no good it can still happen. there is no way to avoid it nothing you can do. dont belive it if it makes you feel better but driving on UK roads is a lottery of chance.

doing 120 is pretty dim in that type of vehicle a cup has a light back end and isnt really any good at those speeds. but step into a bigger car designed for topend and stability is almost the same at 150 as it is at 100.

sorry to burst the bubble but this is a performance car site full of people with hothatches, scoobs,svo`s, bikes, vx`s, elises

we dont all travel at 120 or film it and put it on the web but we all have probably broken the limit by mistake or otherwise

5mph is the same as 60mph in the eyes of the law.

You not bursting no bubble for me!! Get over yourself! My original rant, which has been sidetracked, was the people who "mistakenly" do 120!!

MKIII 138
You not bursting no bubble for me!! Get over yourself! My original rant, which has been sidetracked, was the people who "mistakenly" do 120!!

depends what you have, if its a uber german saloon its quite easy with 500bhp and massive smooth torque + refinement to do 120 when you think your doing 80 and then realise.

but in general yea sure, doing that is pretty obvious in most cars.

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6

depends what you have, if its a uber german saloon its quite easy with 500bhp and massive smooth torque + refinement to do 120 when you think your doing 80 and then realise.

but in general yea sure, doing that is pretty obvious in most cars.

Especially a clio!!!

85 feels like what 130 does in my Passat.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Magners!!!!!!!!!!!!! Calm again lol ;)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
So it seems to me, judging by all the "what a tw*t" and "how irresponsible driving at that speed" comments, that the majority of people on here are saintly drivers who have bought and have done up their Clio SPORTS, without any intention whatsover of ever driving over ANY enforced speed limits.

My what a load of bulls*t!
How many people can HONESTLY hold their hand up and say they have never been on a deserted piece of M - Way or Dual and gone for the V-Max at least once?

Regardless to whether its dangerous or not (and lets face it, going fast has its dangers)
im sure all you Cliosport "driving saints" (or should that be hypocrites?) have done your fair share of law breaking.....so why act all holier than thou?
If you really are that against it and have never driven slightly dangerously i.e FAST, then you really are wasting a decent fast car!

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
So it seems to me, judging by all the "what a tw*t" and "how irresponsible driving at that speed" comments, that the majority of people on here are saintly drivers who have bought and have done up their Clio SPORTS, without any intention whatsover of ever driving over ANY enforced speed limits.

My what a load of bulls*t!
How many people can HONESTLY hold their hand up and say they have never been on a deserted piece of M - Way or Dual and gone for the V-Max at least once?

Regardless to whether its dangerous or not (and lets face it, going fast has its dangers)
im sure all you Cliosport "driving saints" (or should that be hypocrites?) have done your fair share of law breaking.....so why act all holier than thou?
If you really are that against it and have never driven slightly dangerously i.e FAST, then you really are wasting a decent fast car!

Yes of course I have. But I have always realised I have been doing it.

MKIII 138
ive hit the limiter in 5th a few times on private runways!

145 ish.

y`see i think thats way too fast for a tin can clio with a light back end and small wheels

but my main point is illustrated about a saloon designed to handle top speeds..

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=6504240414856394945&q=c32+amg

not a problem only a C-class but wide enough and long enough and heavy enough to not be too phased by this.

i remember in the clio it just felt too lethal.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Anyone saying speeding like that is "blah blah blah, insert phrases here" Can i suggest one point.
Cliosport/any other car meetings. I guarantee you all that you broke the speed limit at a meet.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Just so you know, i wasn't ranting about the whole "not realising you are doing 120" thing.
In my opinion (and experience) certain cars make you well aware you are do anything on and over the ton mark....the Cup being one of them.

The flipside being big saloons. I've driven my step dads Volvo 2.5 V70 TDI and it cuts you off completely from alot of sensations that usually accompany high speeds.
I hit a ton and it took me by surprise.
Noise, steering feel, engine note...all are muted in alot of big saloons, that doesn't change no matter how aware you are.

No more clio's for me!
ive hit the limiter in 5th a few times on private runways!

145 ish.

Same here - in the clio mind.

Haven't found the limiter in 5th in the scoob, thats a tad too quick! lol

On topic - everyone has broken the speed limit, don't care what anyone says. But to film yourself doing is another point, i like to use this phase to sum up my feels of the driver and his bruv "knob jockey". lol

MKIII 138
Just so you know, i wasn't ranting about the whole "not realising you are doing 120" thing.
In my opinion (and experience) certain cars make you well aware you are do anything on and over the ton mark....the Cup being one of them.

The flipside being big saloons. I've driven my step dads Volvo 2.5 V70 TDI and it cuts you off completely from alot of sensations that usually accompany high speeds.
I hit a ton and it took me by surprise.
Noise, steering feel, engine note...all are muted in alot of big saloons, that doesn't change no matter how aware you are.

^ agree one thing the meg has is amazing refinement (hence some people rekon its boring) there is no wind noise, hardly any road noise (Which is exceptional given low profile tyres and 18" wheels) and due to the wide track and fat wheels etc.. can do 120 without even a sweat in terms of road manners it barley changes (on the private road which i own) at 150 although at that speed i think its pointless and not really any fun i wouldnt try it

MKIII 138
.. ohh and about filming it just check out metacafe, youtube, putfile, google video etc.. littered with examples of people speeding and filming im sure to put your face on is very daft but other than that if that wasnt there then it would be no different to any other car vid.....

.. in fact i remember way, way back two williams and a few 172`s motorway driving at 145mph and then turning down a slip road at dumb speed also !

CB600FS
I feel safer doing 130mph in my work mates 2.0T 165bhp Megane than doing 70mph in my old RT! This is up the driveway to the workshop on private land of course

Not saying its a good thing, but imagine if you drove the same road every day to work, for, say 8/9/10 years you could probably go safely a load quicker than 70. You'd know it like the back of your hand.

I don't think clios are stable at 130/140 really they bounce all over the place.

Civic Vtec y0
The day after I got my Coupe I went to 130mph, was at 5:30am on a Sunday (was going into work, the joys of working shifts) and after that i can honestly say i have never felt the urge to do it again. Yea i still speed sometimes, but nothing rediculous. I dont think any one can say they dont speed on a regular basis!

R26r R26
I spend all week driving a van so when I get in the Clio I cant help myself.I know its wrong but how many people do you know stick to the speed limit.Its no worst than people using their phones while driving and I see women driving 4x4s using their phones while driving their kids to school.SHOCKING.

MKIII 138
^ kinda what i was saying there is speeding, but then there are many other ways in which people cause accidents

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
on an empty motorway i cant really seem to much of a problem tbh. as long as it its not like that vid of the a3 and m3 i think.

but in residential places yes going over the limit isnt acceptble.