ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil and stop lights when cornering?

Covered in bird s**t
Recently Ive noticed when cornering at a decent speed or using roundabouts etc my oil and stop warning lights come on. Then after a couple of seconds on straight road again they turn off:S. The car had a service with an oil change just a few weeks ago though and I've not noticed any oil leaking or anything out of the ordinary. Any help at all guys? Cheers, Paul.

BMW M135i
Oil and stop lights? Not the brake and stop lights? Hmmm, didn't realise oil didn't move around in the sump like brake fluid does in the res.

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Normally because your sump dont have a baffle in it, so when cornering theres no oil level being measured by the sensor so it tells you to stop, you go straight again and it can measure the oil ;)

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
that would be why lol, the sensor cant feel any or low oil against it, infact its fine, most of the time, thats why new engines are built with baffles or breakers in the sump, so as you go around a corner hard it dont slosh everywere, you want to be careful when driving it hard if it comes on, as it means the oil pump cant pick up any oil to lube the head and pistons ect and could soon go dry if it aint getting a constant flow, so keep an eye on it, dont wait it seized now do we ;)