ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil filter and oil change

Renault clio wiiliam
Hey guys does anybody know what oil filter to use on f7p clio 1 ?also what oil to use ? The car is 1.8 with remap and cams...sorry but new to this thing ...

MonkeyKnifeFight

ClioSport Club Member
  Rusty Cup
Im sure someone will answer your question but if you put your reg number into eurocarparts website it will show you a list of bits suitable for your car.

Reactions: DrR

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Standard oil filter should be all you need.

Oil will depend on use tbh. As long as it meets renaults specs for the engine, and is changed regularly, you shouldn’t have any problems.

1.8 16v F7P engine oil choices should be in the handbook (if you have one).

10w40 or 5w40 should both be fine.

I liked the 5w40 Elf Excellium from the Renault Dealers - I think I paid about £20-£25 for 5 litres.

(But I think Renault have now switched from Elf to Castrol??)

Don't use Magnatec oil - it makes the engine sound like a bag of spanners :D lol

Renault clio wiiliam
It is a road car but its use is only for some b road driving so it is working 5k + most of the time

MonkeyKnifeFight

ClioSport Club Member
  Rusty Cup
Thats fair enough. I know everyone is different but i personally prefer to use a cheaper oil but change it more often. If you are after a decent oil ive heard Royal Purple is about as good as it gets.