ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil in air filter?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I have had oil leaking into my air filter since i got the car last year.

Took the engine to pieces, changed all the gaskets (which cost a small fortune for some bits of rubber), cleaned out the engine, changed all filters, cleared all airways.

What else could it be, i haven't looked in there since November time but i can guarantee there will be a small flood of oil in there by now.

Any ideas?

Mike

Ph1 track 172
the oil breither pipe goes into the airfilter pipe,
so that preasure doesnt build up, but this is after the filter,

think this would be the first place to start looking, but tbh, i think they can offen leave a small puddle

have you over filled the oil perhaps??

how do u know you have oil leaking into your air filter,

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Last Jan/Feb when i got the car we did a service, noticed the oil, cleaned it up. Looked again the next week and oil was starting to leak through again. So we did all the engine clean/new air filter. 2 weeks later, oil was getting in. Haven't worried about it much since, just been changing the air filter every few months for the sake of £4. Every time though its flooded and i have to wipe it all away so i know there will be some there.

It definitely aint been overfilled but will get my uncle to look over the pipe when he does my water pump and service next week.

Any more advice, decided to ask now since its getting serviced next week.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Did service on saurday, didn't have time to check the pipe due to unforseen complications with the cooling system.

Anyway, a few people say not to worry but here's a pic of the air filter, this is about 3 months old.

dsc00286gh7.jpg