ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil in oil separator up stand piece!

Clio 172 mk2
I’m losing oil and don’t seam to be burning it,it’s not smoking at all, so changed plugs today and after removing plenum inside the up stand bit is oil and if u follow the pipe it go’s away down to left of car sumwhere think this is the vaccum pipe! If I take that small black hose off oil is in there too!! Can anyone help me learn sumink here 4th plug was little oily 3rd had carbon on it doesn’t look like fireing right 2nd and 1st fine after changing plugs I still got lumpy idle gos too stall them picks up again new leads on way as lead 2 is giving me a shock when I touch it only that one gives me shock? any help appreciated thx guys I’m garry

RB Clio 182
Aaaand breathe...

The pipe i think youre referring to is the breather pipe, which is normal to have a bit of oil in.

With your oily plugs, im guessing that your rocker cover gasket is leaking.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Normal for oil to be on the breather pipe..the pipe that goes to the left goes to the carbon canister.

If the electrode on the plug is fouled with oil the compression is probably down on that cylinder poss worn rings or whatever - compression test it and go from there. At a guess issues with that cylinder could be the cause of using oil.

Clio 172 mk2
Normal for oil to be on the breather pipe..the pipe that goes to the left goes to the carbon canister.

If the electrode on the plug is fouled with oil the compression is probably down on that cylinder poss worn rings or whatever - compression test it and go from there. At a guess issues with that cylinder could be the cause of using oil.
Hi only 4 has little oil on tread

Clio 172 mk2
Put new leads on today is running better but still a slight miss sumwhere drives fine and that under load, just on tic over a little miss every few seconds or so and a slight cough out exhaust lol
Maybe try new coil pack as one terminal was black other 3 still gold ??