ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil leak around Plenum...

Please tell me this isnt serious...Took off the Engine cover for the first time today to be greeted by this. :dead:

4720959247_838154ec8a_b.jpg

4720959801_ea2c55ab5a_b.jpg

4721612436_ddffa8fb63_b.png

4720960929_9c2db6a900_b.jpg

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Both my RSs did it, it's the cam seal. Get it resealed when the cambelts done next, or it could be leaking from one of the bolts.

Cambelt and aux belt kit are next. Im going to Birchdown next Wednesday so ill book it in then. Unless Fred can offer me a good price? :eek:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Should be checking the oil weekly, I leave my cover off all the time as i don't trust a french engine lol.

Should be checking the oil weekly, I leave my cover off all the time as i don't trust a french engine lol.

I check mine everytime i wash the car..usually twice a week but i have no idea how long this leaks been going on for. Could be fresh for all i know but until i fix it i will be checking everyday.

The oil is fine by the way.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yeah my 172 leaked, but never enough to need a top up between services.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Probly cambelt oil seals mate they should be swapped when cambelt and aux belt changed

Lionel Richie
Cambelt and aux belt kit are next. Im going to Birchdown next Wednesday so ill book it in then. Unless Fred can offer me a good price? :eek:

myself and birchdown have agreed to charge the same, so makes no difference who you choose

i have a mcdonalds and birmingham city centre next door, i'm prettier and i speak english (hi steve! ;))

Mondeo TDCI 130
myself and birchdown have agreed to charge the same, so makes no difference who you choose

i have a mcdonalds and birmingham city centre next door, i'm prettier and i speak english (hi steve! ;))

English? you call that english?!?!?!?!?

Slow reply this! ha ha! ;)

I have fields, animals and shizzle, oh, and the lesser spotted Andy, rare they are!:rasp:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I reckon steve should let us dig stuff up with the JCB with legs thing in the yard.