ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil Leak - help please

Fiesta ST3
So got my new 172 today all is well apart from some oil i spotted when i got home in the engine bay as i was admiring the beauty!

i then took off the bottom engine tray and it was quite messy, so cleaned what i could and doesn't seem to be a fast oil leak that i can see, most of the sump was soiled so cleaned it all up and will check back in a day or 2.

i have tried to take pics of where the oil was in the engine bay

what was interesting is that the first white plug you see when you look down towards the oil filter was full of a red type liquid (coolant or power steering fluid?) so took it out and dried it all out. The pipe that the white plug is attached to was heavily soiled with oil too.

Probably hard to tell from the pics and i guess i wont know until i recheck after a day to see if there's any fresh oil around them areas.

if there is oil around the oil filter area where could the leak be coming from? I checked under the engine cover and all seems dry under there.

pics:

any advice much appreciated!

Last edited: