ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil leak, oil under where the oil cap is under the..

Fabia vrs tdi
Well it's under where the oil cap is it's a line of oil if I look through the gaps i can see it - I checked and it was over minimum but topped it up a little.

Hard to explain where it is and I can't upload pictures.

I did get told I have a small gear box oil leak but so do most sports.

Should I not worry about ? As it's not losing oil?

///M135i
Rocker cover gasket! Mine was the same, you can see oil pooling through the gaps in the plenum? Quite a big job and new timing belt req iirc.

ITB'd MK1
consider when your cambelt is due. If it's soon, get the rocker cover re-sealed at the same time, takes no more than an hour extra to remove, thoroughly clean, prep the surfaces and re-fit with new sealer and torque all the bolts correctly. I charge a flat hour on top of a cambelt change for re-sealing.

If it's not due soon, or the leak is big (check the level over a couple of weeks) it may be worth getting it done early

Fabia vrs tdi
Yes I can see oil through the gaps in the plenium,

the belts were done at 66k I'm now on 73k

it had a service not long ago, could it be possible the garage didn't tighten and seal everythng properly when doing spark plugs?

It's not a massive ammount of oil just a long thin line where it's been collecting.

The oil wasn't there before the service so hopings it's nothing serious

Fabia vrs tdi
Sorry but could someone tell me how to get the plenium off and what bolts I can tighten up slightly to stop the leak?

I'll get it off clean out the oil just incase the idiot missed while topping up my oil, I've read that rocker cover leaks are very commen and could just need the bolts tightened.

Fabia vrs tdi
Sent a pic to danny, it doesn't look to bad.

My coolant seems to be boiling bubbling :-/ just verly slightly though.

I've cleaned up part of the oil, see if it gets any worse.

I'll leave it now, it's due a service in 7k so will just keep an eye on it until then.