ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil leak

Clio 172 cup + 325ci
Hi all,

I bought my cup a couple of weeks ago.Its going in for a service soon.

When i was buying i noticed it has a bit of an oil leak.I thought it was just coming from the oil filter but i was under the car today and the oil is reddish in colour so would i be right in saying its probably gearbox related?

The leak seems to be coming from just left of centre as you look at the car from the front.

Changes to often
if its from the front left i doubt it would be gearbox oil as thats on the right, what colour is your coolant? that has an oil feel to it, sound silly but taste it, if its sweet then it will be coolant

Clio 172 cup + 325ci
Thanks for the quick reply guys.I did a bit of a search before i posted but hard to find what i was looking for.

The coolant is blue so its defo not that.Its hard to tell exactly where its leaking as it could be dripping down the sump tray to that location.Il have to get it up in the air to have a good look but its defo oil and reddish in colour.

Changes to often
i had a coolant leak on mine, but the pool was on the front left, the leak was on the right lol, because the car wasent quite level it was running across the undertray

172 cup, Impreza P1
Hose, outlet port on the pump or the pump itself. Have a good look around but it WILL be from 1 of those things IMO.