ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oil level going down

Wheres my oil going??

Had it changed only 2000 miles ago, now its less than half the original level!!

Could it just need topping up or is it liable to be something dodgy??

Never had a car before that uses any oil, so its a bit of a pant filler for me.

thats what i wanted to hear!!! as i havent got a clue what oil the garage used does it matter what i top it up with?? ( i always used to do my own services, just didnt have time to mess around with the valver )

Skoda Fabia vRS

the proper semi synth in halfords is GREEN not purple......

you could just buy a litre of Mobil 1 Motorsport mate....thats what id probably do

Skoda Fabia vRS

its not !.....its green

Red - Mineral

Blue + Purple - Enhanced Mineral - I think......

Green - Semi Synth

Silver - Fully Synth

Black - Diesel

Not a Clio

nope! Ive had 2 bottles of the stuff, definetly says semi synth on it!

Im gonna have to go halfords after work and find out what the green stuff is lol

Not a Clio

cant see properly as got no zoom on this but that doesnt look like the same purple i get, the one i get is a bright purple

Skoda Fabia vRS

yea i know which one you mean mate, ive seen it before an it aint on that pic, but im certain the green is the better one.......

Not a Clio

will take a gander at the green one, the little book in store that has what oils are recommended showed the equivalent halfords one as the bright purple so thats the one ive been getting

Skoda Fabia vRS

jus cos Halfords recommend it doesnt mean its the best one to use.....

in most cases fully synthetic is the best to use, but for whatever reason people shy away from using it on older cars, my cars got 5W-40 in it, and it runs sweet as f**k, the best its ever run.....an ive tried lots of oils.....

brun, you must of created so much waste oil by now!! lol,,,,jsut think what your costing the environment! haha ;)

And yes, valvers do drink drink drink......

its the green halfords oil that i use for my valver, definatley not the purple one as i have a thing for purple and would have loved to use the purple oil.............boo!!

Chuckie

but then again it dont really mater what oil is in the green 1 as the garage may not have even put semi or fully synth in it !!

i would see what type they used before toping it up

clio williams, Ph1 172

They dont use absolutely silly amounts. Just say every 500 miles just stick a drop in to get it back up to maximum. I always keep mine as close to max as possible.

You should know they burn oil if you look at the little sticker on the top right of the windscreen if you have an original windscreen hehe. I like that little sticker. Due to the high performance engine ..... lol

A pint (500ml) per 500 miles is the maxiumum renault say it should drink any more you have a problem.

The joys of bore sprays.