ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil level. WTF

09 GIXXER 750!!!
:mad:How much oil does you 182/172 use?

Mine was serviced two months ago so was no expecting to be posting this so soon!!!!. :mad:

Its not leaking or blowing and yet driving home the service light came on and the oil level light started flashing. Check the level and it was not on the dip stick at all. I had to put a litre in to get it half way up the dip stick.!!!:mad:

What about yours??

It's A Reno
Re: Oil level. WFT

IIRC, Reno consider 0.5 ltrs per 625 miles acceptable, so how much has it used and how far have you been?

I'm almost ashamed to say that mine has used about 1/8 of a litre in 5 yrs and 27000 miles.:eek:

172 & LCR

Did you check the oil after it was serviced by the stealers it may have been low when you collected it after the service so may not be using as much as you think.

Da

Less

Mine was serviced circa 8k ago. Checked the levels today and it hasn't used a drop! :)

IIRC, Reno consider 0.5 ltrs per 625 miles acceptable, so how much has it used and how far have you been?

I'm almost ashamed to say that mine has used about 1/8 of a litre in 5 yrs and 27000 miles.:eek:
Its actually 1 liter per 1000km (approx 625 miles) but a dealers would work on about half that usually

CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.
i had loads for ages then drove 1800miles in 3days and then bars started flashing. :(

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Did you check the oil after it was serviced by the stealers it may have been low when you collected it after the service so may not be using as much as you think.

Good point!

They may have forgot/not bothered/not arsed to have topped it up in the first place.

My car has had 9 oil changes now and inbetween those changes, its not used a drop.

D.

It's A Reno

Its actually 1 liter per 1000km (approx 625 miles) but a dealers would work on about half that usually

You've made me check, and in my book (53 plate car) it is definitely 0.5 per 6235 miles (1000 km).

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Mine uses a little oil but nowhere near that. Ive used approx 1/4 of the distance between min and max on the dipstick in 6months

You've made me check, and in my book (53 plate car) it is definitely 0.5 per 6235 miles (1000 km).

What the book says and what renault dealers would do before checking why a car is burning oil and what renault rules are are all different

09 GIXXER 750!!!

That is a good point, im gonna see how it goes over the next week. It doesn't drop oil there is no blue smoke coming out of the back even when i give it the beans so they probably didnt fill it up as much as they should W**nkers

My current engine should be pretty fooked as its coming up to 100K and has had very infrequent oil changes judging by the marking on the cam bearings around the oil feeds - however it still doesn't use any oil. Did 3K in 3 weeks in it early December and it didn't use a drop!

Likewise the 830 we ran in the Britcar 24 Hours used less than 50ML of oil after 22 hours and 47 minutes of being at 7000RPM

If its burning proper amounts of oil there is something wrong with it that needs investigating. However this doesn't mean that whoever serviced it last topped the levels up correctly!

Cheers
M

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Never rely on the car to tell you, always check the dip stick. I always check mine weekly.

When i changed the oil a couple of weeks ago, topping it up and checking the dipstick seemed to agree totally with the dashboard display ! I was very impressed at the accuracy at the time ..

BUT on another note, it is not to be trusted as one morning it went into limp-home mode and lit the dash up like an xmas tree as it told me there was no oil in the engine !!

I looked under the car, found no puddle, so as it told me it was full the evening before, I drove the 3 miles to work.

Put the ignition on at lunch time and it said the oil level was fine and it had all miraculously returned to the sump .. :rolleyes:

Mines done 130k and goes max to min on the dip stick twice in 12k miles even when I got it at 24k it went max to min once in 12k miles.

I've noticed on mine the inside meter matches with max level buts puts the service light on way before min on the dip stick.