ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil smell in cabin while driving slowly downhill?

CLIO SPORT 172 2002
thats the only place oil would be burning too ? no drips on the floor where you park it to ?

Is this with the vents open? Does it do it if you leave the car on idle for a while?

Oil leaking from the breather plate then dripping down on to the manifold is a common issue. Happened with my Cup.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Is this with the vents open? Does it do it if you leave the car on idle for a while?

Oil leaking from the breather plate then dripping down on to the manifold is a common issue. Happened with my Cup.

I had a bit of this too, smell was only occasional though as it ran down above the starter.

Mine was seeping out of the back of the breather and dripping down the back of the engine.
Got as much off as I could and gave it a good clean, went for a drive yesterday and checked the car today when it was cold - still all clean and DRY so happy days :D

Clio 172
I drove the car for the first time yesterday and both times I drove it down my driveway (downhill) I noticed the oil smell. The vents were open and it was also noticeable at idle. The engine was warm at this point. There was no visible oil leaks, but I haven't checked thoroughly under the engine yet. Strange enough I didn't notice anything today. The previous owner has recently changed the head gasket, clutch and cambelt. I'm thinking it might could be caused by some oil leavings after this?

172/A4 Tdi
Usually burns off pretty quickly unless its soaked into something? I'd presume it to be a small leak hidden away. Time to borrow a ramp and get a good torch on the bad boy! :)