ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil temp and pressure gauges??

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Just looking into oil temp and pressure gauges but how hard/easy are they to fit on a 182??

clio 172 cup 03
I fitted an oil temp gauge in me cup,..................put the sensor in the sump. Easy peasy, as long as you have got the right thread sizes.;)

Clio 182
sorry to drag this up, but when you say sensor in the sump, do you mean remove the sump plug and put it in there somehow? does that mean that I'll need to put new oil in afterwards? also, at oil changes, the sump gets replaced, surely this means that the sensor should be replaced at the same time??

big boost cup
let me know what kit and how you get on with it please.
Might pop over and have a look seems as you are only in Southampton.

Lionel Richie
no kit, but the plate is about £40 and i use the SPA digital twin pressure/temp gauges (expensive but they're cool!) 1/8th BSP and NPT fittings, easy

BMW M135i
I'm with fred sandwich plate all the way its by far the easiest way, thats what i've done on the megane.

haha sump plug!! oops!

Fred, how much oil am I likely to lose taking the filter off?
That doesn't get replaced either ;). Washer maybe. You'll loose between 500ml-1l with the filter off, less if you haven't started the car for several hours beforehand.

340i
no kit, but the plate is about £40 and i use the SPA digital twin pressure/temp gauges (expensive but they're cool!) 1/8th BSP and NPT fittings, easy

Ouch they are pricey... £178 for an oil temp and pressure gauge! They do look very nice though.

I am looking to fit a sandwich plate to read oil temp and pressure..

172 cup, Impreza P1
Is there no blanking covers on the F4R block? I fitted defi gauges to my P1 and removed a blanking cover next to No.3 cylinder (hottest oil temp in an EJ20 block as its next to the turbo) as you will want to know the highest oil temp. The oil in the sump is the coolest. Its not so critical in a N/A engine but still more accurate if there was a place on the block.

Lionel Richie
^nope, hence why i say fitting a sandwich plate if the easiest way, people have cocked about going off the oil pressure switch with all sorts of adaptors but that's effort!

Clio 182
can anyone link me to a plate that will fit a clio 182 which has the capability to add a oil pressure guage at a later date? I've looked but found lots with different thread sizes and I for one, dont understand what all the numbers mean?! save me from ordering the wrong one!!

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
can anyone link me to a plate that will fit a clio 182 which has the capability to add a oil pressure guage at a later date? I've looked but found lots with different thread sizes and I for one, dont understand what all the numbers mean?! save me from ordering the wrong one!!

I like you on my threads you seem to ask all the questions I need answering lol

Ex 182 owner
Hi Folks,
Out of interest what is the best cable route from theA pillar to the oil filter? I am using the spa guage so it has some beefy connectors that I don't want to cut off just yet. It's not a track car, just a bit of fun so dash is full intact.

Any advice welcome

Chis