ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OIL TEMP!!

clio 182 :)
Hey all, i know the clio wont let you have full power or max rev's until the oil is up to temperature, what is this magic number? because im thinking of getting an oil temp gauge so i know when shes ready for a bit of the hard right foot :) ive had a quick search and couldn't find what i was looking for

thanks kieran.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Nothing to do with oil temp. It works on water temp. When it is above 75 deg you will get the full rev limit but you are better waiting 10mins after water is at temp before red lining.

clio 182 :)
dose it really, ive had my temp gauge at the mark where it always sits and gone to redline it and it wont let me have the full limit im sure its something to do with oil ? :/ not 100% sure tho

172 cup, Impreza P1
It is done by oil temp not water

Not according to Renault.

For coolant temp below 75deg = 6700rpm limit
For coolant temp above 75deg in 1st or 2nd = 7200rpm
For coolant temp above 75deg in 3rd, 4th or 5th = 7000rpm

Didn't even think there was an oil temp sensor on the block?

Last edited:
  Lots of Alfas
It is done by oil temp not water

Ideally it should go on the oil temp but it doesnt, on the 172/182 as per the workshop manuals it goes on the coolant temps as per the above post. Theres a oil level sensor but no oil temp sensor. iirc the Clio williams had a oil temp sensor, i bet you could fit one and wire it to a gauge if you wanted to.

Last edited:
  monaco 172
When the temp gauge gets to half way it will let you redline it.

However if yours isn't getting to halfway then that suggests a new thermostat required

Mk2 Ph2 172
I had this problem as mine would not rev past the cold rev limit... Removed temp gauge found all rusted up, replaced with new full revs again :)