ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ok to cut -40mm springs

nope:oops: i just want it 10-20mm lower at the front and dont wanna fork out 4 -60 springs cos im gettin a full susp. kit when cash allows. so ya reckon this is a bad idea?????

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Yes this is a bad idea.

Rather sell the 40mm and replace them with 60mm, either that or pile some bricks into the engine bay ;)

bricks it is! feel stoopid for thinkin bout it now!! i jus figured that cos they were stiffened and im only cuttin a dickarse amount off it, it would be cool,

oh well learn something every day:)

lmfao yeah cut your springs, that wont totally destroy the handling. go look up critical damping and think how cutting your springs will effect that

My friend did it to his alfa 156. He had 40mm lowering springs on her all round and she sat too high at the back so he cut them a bit and now sits perfect. Proly doesnt work perfect though as said before.