ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Okkkkkkkayy

Yozza'd Titanium 182
When i press the break peadel there is a grinding noise, the car has been sat at carcraft for a few weeks and apparantly has built up some rust on the disks... (just got the car today)

I have had a look at the pads and they are fine.
There is some rust on the disks as you can see.

The guy at carcraft said that after about 20 - 30 miles of breaking it would go away... Is this true?

Any1 experianced this?

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Just find a safe place and time to brake hard (i.e. an emergency stop) ... should go eventually.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
should only take a few meters to take of rust. sure the pads are fine? any score marks on the discs?

visualize whirled pe
Take it back and get them to sort it.

Your pads may be glazed.

Rust forms on the disks and is repeatedly transfered to the pad but rather than burning off it glazes. Getting the brakes hot by working them a bit might burn it off but you can take pads off and rub them against some w+d paper on a FLAT surface until the pad surface contamination is gone, shouldnt take too much.

Had the same thing happen on my mum's new swift, took pads off, roughed them back up, no worries. There could also be a build up of crap on the disks, you can buy brake cleaning fluid.

Car craft ?? please tell me you didn't get a car from them. I wouldn't touch that place with a barge pole, too many horror stories.

Punto/Clio GTT
i worked at carcraft for a year... haha, worksmanship/customer care = non existant.

once your signatures on that paper you are royally fucked and chances are your cars fucked too.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
cheers mate, thanks for that, i felt looked after tbh

lol give it a few days when uv got another problem an im sure u wont feel so looked after then. But as said above, if it has been sat there a few weeks then ye mite take some time to get em rite. get some proper cleaner and give it a good drive an should sort it out.

BMW M135i
I'd give it a few days before going back kicking up a fuss. If its been sat for a few weeks then it'll form rust quite well, how many miles you done since having it?