ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Old member back - where can I get a 2.0 conversion done?

Hi guys

As you might see from my profile, I'm a bit of a blast from the past! After a 16v, Williams, 172 and a 197, I've had a decade with others (including a supercharged Golf R32, Audi S3 etc).

I have a young family now and my daily driver is...one of many bicycles or our Danbury VW T5 camper. Alongside them, I'm just about to pick up my parents' 2004 1.2 Dynamique. It's a bit worse for wear cosmetically, but has been owned by them since new and maintained without sparing expense - and it's free to me. It's in Nordic Green and has the "Cool Pack", which adds climate control and an electric sunroof to the spec: it's basically a plusher 182 Cup interior.

I could happily run it as our runabout, but was thinking I'd like to hand it over to someone to plonk an F4R lump in it - and, ideally, sort out a 182 front end and 172 ph2 rear (due to exhaust). I know it makes no sense financially, but this car has sentimental value, I love the colour and it would be no less mad than my R32 supercharger conversion.

I've been out of touch with the Cliosport world for so long - so my question is whether there's anyone reputable out there who could help with this - ideally a 1 stop shop?

Last edited:
I appreciate it wouldn't be cost-effective when looking at factory made cars.

My point of view is that its cost could be quite reasonable when compared to some of the cars I've had in the past. I'm guessing that a donor car, labour and body work would be in the region of £5-6k? That's half of what I've lost in depreciation on some cars in 12 months!!!

Impreza RB5 #054
Give Dan at SJM Automotive a call, he's local to you iirc and should be able to help you or at least point you in the right direction.

You can find him on Facebook if you search SJM Automotive.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome back. Would probably be cheaper to buy a 1*2, get it resprayed in the colour and then move the interior. Less hassle, too.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Welcome. Buy yourself a 172, sell break it yourself keeping the engine and then ask someone on here to drop it in.

Cheapest way to achieve it.

It's still mental though given 172's are easily available at a grand.