ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Omex 600 CPS configuration

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Hi,

Just trying to configure the CPS on my omex 600. The map currently on ECU was set up for a 172 cup, im going to be putting this on my cup racer which has a modified flywheel. It is 60-2 still but the cutout in the flywheel is now missing the one long tooth and it is standard length like the others. If that makes sense?

What Omex say in the setup manual for 60-2 configuration
Omex_zpsf1deea5c.png

The configuration on the ECU for a 172 cup
172cup_zps9a9b4f6b.png

Ive checked the tooth control table and it is exactly what its meant to be so im a bit confused as to why the MX time & MX Start time % are different. It also wont let me change them.

Anybody got an idea of how to change this?

Thanks

Mike

Last edited:

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
To change them you need to be online iirc. I can check my settings when I get a laptop on mine but I don't know when that will be

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Change the flywheel. Omex struggles with the cup racer trigger. You would need to edit the trigger tooth table to even stand half a chance. Omex have never got it working

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Oh great, just what I wanted to here lol! My car has a billet flywheel so can't really just go buy a new one without spending a fortune. Surely there must be a way. Most 60-2 flywheels don't have the long tooth anyway.

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Change the flywheel. Omex struggles with the cup racer trigger. You would need to edit the trigger tooth table to even stand half a chance. Omex have never got it working

Got it all wired tonight, fired up first time with 60-2 trigger table and standard Renault settings. Daverb also had his running fine this way to. So not to sure who told you it does not work, apparently magnetically they read the same. I think the cup racer ECU was just a bit more picky when it came to the trigger.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Got it all wired tonight, fired up first time with 60-2 trigger table and standard Renault settings. Daverb also had his running fine this way to. So not to sure who told you it does not work, apparently magnetically they read the same. I think the cup racer ECU was just a bit more picky when it came to the trigger.

Omex. Scoped and logged it under cranking. They shrugged and gave up

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Hmm very weird, well it definitely works. Much to my amazement as I was convinced it wasn't going to fire.