ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Omex Loom Bad Connection

TrackCar & F30 330d
Right, cutting a long story short, i have a bad connection in the end of the omex loom which goes into the ECU. I recon its because the AA man a while ago just pulled the connector off the ecu by pulling on the wires and not pulling the clip :S.

I had my car running and by moving the wires slightly the engine cuts out. This happened to me when on the motorway too when i went over a bump and the car cut out.

Does anyone know of a way i can give the wires a better connetion with out sending it off to be fixed. The end of the loom with the big connector has no screws or anything like that so it doent seem like i can take it apart.

Would this stuff work if i squeezed a bit of it on each connector?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Electric-Cont...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3ca7d00757

I have made sure all the wires are pushed in correctly first

When my engine cut out by moving the wires a bit the relay you can see if the picture would click. Would a bad connection set off the relay?

DSC00298.jpg

Any help would be great :)

Thanks

Chris

i had something simmilar with mine on the relay side of things

when i moved the block with the fuses and relay it would cut out

i removed the fuses and relay and they were all corroded due to ingress of water ect

have you checked them?

Cro

Meg'd r27
Its probably only one wire dude but worthwhile making sure they all are in tight.

When you take the plug out of the omex and take off the white or yellow grate type cover, you can see the female pins, they pop out by using a small screwdriver and pushing back a clip on the side, just go through each one and push the clip with the screwdriver the opposite way so the pins are in nice and tight

TrackCar & F30 330d
i had something simmilar with mine on the relay side of things

when i moved the block with the fuses and relay it would cut out

i removed the fuses and relay and they were all corroded due to ingress of water ect

have you checked them?

Yeah i pulled the realy out and it was quite dirty and a little corroded so i gave it a little clean and poped it back in. I may take the 2 fuses and realy out again and make sure they have a really really good connection.

Its probably only one wire dude but worthwhile making sure they all are in tight.

When you take the plug out of the omex and take off the white or yellow grate type cover, you can see the female pins, they pop out by using a small screwdriver and pushing back a clip on the side, just go through each one and push the clip with the screwdriver the opposite way so the pins are in nice and tight

Oh i didnt know you could take the white/yellow cover off. I'll have another look at it tomorrow. I should have brought the loom back inside as the car is parked miles away :dapprove: