ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Omnia vs HTC Diamond vs Iphone vs C905

172beast

Which would you get and why?

I currently have a K850i, due an upgrade, don't want iphone due to contract prices so narrowed it down to the above. Omnia is currently looking best buy.

BMW E46 330i Touring
You've included iPhone in your list... it's your subconscious telling you to get one!

I had every intention of not getting an iPhone; played with the others (didn't bother with the C905, I'm sick of SE's) and decided that, regretfully, Apple's devil-machine was the best all-rounder.

172beast

Well having decided to get the Omnia, I rang Orange to be told its no longer available lol

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Get an iPod Touch and a phone. :cool:

The Touch does everything the iPhone does except calls and texts. Simply use your phone for that.

My contract is up next month, so I'll be looking for a new phone then. But the Touch is one reason why I wont be wanting an iPhone, thankfully! One reason gone :)

1.2 16v Dynamique
My mate has an Omnia and returened it within 2 days as it kept crashing and was generally sh!te, T-Mobile told him they would most probably all be recalled as there was a severe software fault wiith them all

172 Race Car
Ive just 30mins ago bought a Diamond. the shop didnt sell Omnia's anymore, they had too much trouble with them.

Have you seen the HTC Touch HD?
A very sexy phone, not quite what im after tho

I've got a C905 and love it. I don't get on with touch screen phones so it's perfect for me. I couldn't justify the extra money for an iphone either when it does nothing extra my SE can do!?

Mini Cooper S sport
I have this dilemma too, I'll be out of contract on the K850i next month.

The Samsung Omnia HD should be out soon, I like the look of that, but the Nokia N86 is also out soon. I don't know what to go for!

(not an iPhone)

BG 182
The Htc Touch HD is a really good phone. Ive not used the iphone much but the HD is supposed to be better. Im liking mine so far :)

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Get an iPod Touch and a phone. :cool:

The Touch does everything the iPhone does except calls and texts. Simply use your phone for that.

My contract is up next month, so I'll be looking for a new phone then. But the Touch is one reason why I wont be wanting an iPhone, thankfully! One reason gone :)

Or just get an iphone....???

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Bahhhh just email instead Bluetooth isn't all that the pros of the I phone far outweigh the few minor niggles

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Thats a fair point, but saying why not just get an iPhone is pointless, as I dont need one with an iPod Touch. If I didnt have the Touch, I'd probably get the iPhone, but right now I dont need it coz the Touch does everything I want it to do. Its awesome. Emails/Wifi/Games/Music/Vids etc.

The camera on the iPhone is only 2MP, but I do realise its a bloody good camera regardless.

I've no idea what to get when my contract expires next month. I'm a bit of a gadget nut, so it'll have to be something cool.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The iPhone has bluetooth, doesn't it?

Used only for wireless headsets and the like, IIRC.

You may be able to pair the iPhone with other Bluetooth devices, but you won't be able to do anything with it, since it does not support any of the profiles required for things like file transfer or serial port use.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
The Htc Touch HD is a really good phone. Ive not used the iphone much but the HD is supposed to be better. Im liking mine so far :)

When you get used to it, its pants, texting is anightmare as is Windows mobile as per usual

Facelift R53 Cooper S
Wait for the Omnia HD, it looks the boy!

i wouldn't get an Iphone unless you're prepared to wait for the 3rd generation one (rumoured to be released this year)

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Thats a fair point, but saying why not just get an iPhone is pointless, as I dont need one with an iPod Touch. If I didnt have the Touch, I'd probably get the iPhone, but right now I dont need it coz the Touch does everything I want it to do. Its awesome. Emails/Wifi/Games/Music/Vids etc.

The camera on the iPhone is only 2MP, but I do realise its a bloody good camera regardless.

I've no idea what to get when my contract expires next month. I'm a bit of a gadget nut, so it'll have to be something cool.

Ahhh Scutch, i didnt realise you already have a touch!!!

172 Race Car
ive only switched my diamond on once so far. waiting for the number to be swapped over.

Im used to texting with a stylus coz ive had 3 HTC based devices. windows mobile is a little crap to use if you are used to normal phones but if you think of it as what it is (a pda) them its very usefull.

I couldnt live without a windows mobile device now I use it for so much stuff and will even more now i have a later version with extra features

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
I have just got an iphone (on Monday) after having the N95 8gb and i have to say....why didn't i get one sooner.
It is so much better. What makes the iphone good is that it is fast. The N95 used to think about everything before it did it, the iphone just does it. So much better imo

Mini Cooper S sport
Well there's no way I'm getting an iphone. I want a camera phone with decent video recording abilty, and I need bluetooth so it works with the handsfree on my headunit.

Think I'll wait for the Omnia HD.

I just picked up a BlackBerry Bold - after playing with it all evening it seems to be a great phone. I think it has a better processor than the Storm plus its also got wi-fi which the storm doesn't. Had an n95 8gb previously.

172 Race Car
im using my diamond now. im getting more & more pleased with it every minuite. the internet is amazing on it & the phone has some realy usefull features (for me anyway)
as i perviously said im upgrading from another windows mobile device so im familiar with its operation but i do agred it could be a nightmare to get used to

clio 182 & Fiesta RSTurbo
Why has nobody said anythin about the Lg Renoir?

I absolutely love this phone, 8megapixel touch screen camera phone, HSDPA, 3G, WIFI, it records 640 widescreen video in divx.

you can also put skype on the Renoir too, probably the best phone i've used to date and it comes with google maps so you can search for whatever just like the iphone.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Well there's no way I'm getting an iphone. I want a camera phone with decent video recording abilty, and I need bluetooth so it works with the handsfree on my headunit.

Think I'll wait for the Omnia HD.

iPhone does this, Video Recording is coming in V.3

Mini Cooper S sport
iPhone does this, Video Recording is coming in V.3

Will the camera be more than 2 megapixels, and will it have a flash? Otherwise I'm still not interested!

I'm going to wait for the Omnia HD, do you know when it's out? I'm hoping May.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Renoir is pap.

Thats the only review you need.

As I know very little about LG phones, what's so pap about it? The camera is apparently great, and the software on it works well enough. Or so they say.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
August, but its a Halo phone so dont expect it to be cheap (Or well supported for that matter)

S60 V5 is very very clunky, you'll hate it.

iPhone is may/june.