ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

on insurance!!!!

what happens when u say sell ur car before the year is up on insurance

do u still get the 1 yrs NCB or do u lose it!!!!!

i ask this cos i wont be in a position to replace the car to put another car on insurance policy staright away

wongy

dont tell em youv sold it you neeed to finish the payment for the year to get the no-claims and as you dont have a car to smash youl be garenteed a years no-claims as long as you dont mention it to them (other wise they will have you over a barrel ) you then have upto (depending on which insurance company you go with) two years to start your next policy before your no-claims becomes invalid

ps i hate insurance companies, the amount of qs they ask they get more each year theyl wanna photo copy of my licence,counterpart, passport,and a full doctors report on my left bum cheak next year

When you sell a car halfway through a policy you notify the insurance company and they can either temporarily suspend the policy until you buy another motor or add the new car onto your existing policy. dependin on what car you buy there maybe an additional premium / refund. If your not buying a car for a while then my advice is leave the policy runnin - dont tell the insurance company you have sold it. If you cancelled the policy you might get a policy cancelation refund but it wont be a lot. leave it runnin & watch your premiums drop when youve got 1yrs ncb. you will not get any bonus at all if you cancel the policy.

youll definitely lose out if you cancel before the years up. If youre replacing the car, it shold be a straight vehicle change on the existing policy, if youre not then best to either suspend the policy (the co. may let you do this, or if you got full comp. possibly reduce cover to TPF&T for the rest of the year and give you a part refund), or just keep it running till the years up.