ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One for BobRTE possibly

My 1.2 16v, 2001 Clio has done 14000 miles now, and from quite early on in its life it has had an area when accelerating under a little load, where the power just holds a second. It is normally around 3000 rpm. Renault dont think it is anythind, doesnt show on diag. Has had 2 oil changes etc, so I just dont know!

Cheers for any advice people!!

Lionel Richie

Do you mean it wont rev past 3000rpm???? Or it just feels like the power doesnt come til after 3000rpm????

When i had mine RRd the graph shows the tourqe drops before 3K and then peaks at 3500rpm

Also on the bhp curve the power rises until 3000rpm then the line gets much steeper

maybe something happens at 3000rpm that us 1.2 16v owners dont know about??????

The prwer just dips very slightly at around 3000, and then carries on fine above that. You can feel it when revs past this point. Its like someone grabs you for a second, then lets go (if that makes sense)?!

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

Hi AGP

Sorry, cant help on this one. I have received no customer complaints regarding this 3k flat spot, so its not something I am aware of. Renault are currently investigating some software glitches and maybe they will sort this out at the same time.

Will let you know if I find anything useful regarding your flat spot.

Regards

Bob RTE

I wouldnt call it a proper flat spot, so much as a "dip spot" if thet makes any sense. Dont know that much about engines, and whether it could be a plug or lead or anything like that?

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

Paddymph - you have put me in the corner! :oops: I didnt post it as you requested! ;)

There have been several posts regarding the BANGING noise under hard acceleration. All I can say at this time is, the syndrome is under current investigation by the techinacal team in France.

When I know what the cause/rectification is I WILL post the answer!

Hope that helps

Bob RTE

LOL, cool ive been wondering too, its pretty infrequent but annoying and pretty embarressing if you have a passenger

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

Im on the case, so to speak!

I will let you all know of the outcome and subsequent rectification.

Bob RTE