ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

one for you lot

Impreza WRX
LOL ^ as above

Sounds like a bit of a turnip this guy! You just feel like saying you're comparing a turbo saloon car, which I doubt is standard - to a N/A hot hatch... they're not going to have the same drive are they, you silly silly man!

At no point did I compare the 197 with my own car, I am pretty well aware what it is like to drive an N/A hot hatch, I have owned several..

I like Clio's (in fact we have one as a second car) and this car looked good in white, however I was really underwhelmed by the performance - or should I say the lack of it.

Round a track, in the hands of two drivers of similar ability, against a standard 221BHP WRX, I conceed that the 197 cup would have a fighting chance simply due to the much better Brembo brakes and stock suspension setup. However, in the real world of motorways, dual carriageways and general day to day traffic the WRX would be substantially quicker and I think the stats bear me out on that one. ;)

Merc
No point being biased. I would go back to a scooby any day, only fault in the four years I had it was a dead battery!

And if you want to go fast buy a bike, simples. Every car has its pros and cons and if you're not happy with it or how fast/slow it is buy another thing.

Merc
A Clio is faster than a Corsa, a Scooby is faster than a clio, a M3 is faster than a scooby, a GT-R is faster than a M3, Usain bolt on coke is faster than a GT-R................

Clio RS 200
No point being biased. I would go back to a scooby any day, only fault in the four years I had it was a dead battery!

And if you want to go fast buy a bike, simples. Every car has its pros and cons and if you're not happy with it or how fast/slow it is buy another thing.

Exactly,

Lets face it, its down to personal opinions. I would have spent the money on a scooby rather then a new Clio 200 if i wanted one, but i dont; taking everything into account i prefer the clio. I assume the opposite goes for Norman Dog. If we where just after speed and had endless ammounts of money, we would all be in another car, im sure. (although i probably would still have a 200 as a pi$$ about. :approve:

Evo 5 RS
At no point did I compare the 197 with my own car, I am pretty well aware what it is like to drive an N/A hot hatch, I have owned several..

" I can in all honesty say, even a standard WRX would muller one of these without question." Must of been somebody else then ;)