ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ongoing annoyance on 1.4

Clio 1.4 Dynamique
on my 05 1.4 dynamique i've got a couple of minor problems/annoyances with it which have developed over the last couple of months.

1: When pulling away it feels as if the power (all 98bhp of it :rasp:) is restricted, then after a couple of seconds it will take off again. Thought this would have gone away when the ignition coil went last month. Replaced all 4 of the pencil coils but no change. This is sometimes coupled with it feeling/sounding like it is going to stall just after it starts up. The revs drop really low then back up to normal idle speed again.

2: A tricky one to describe. When sitting at idle the car will sort of...judder every few seconds, not much but enough to feel it through the seat...and it wobbles the gear lever if you watch it. It gets annoying after a while.

I know most of you are 172/82/97 owners but maybe some of you have had a similar problem to those described and know a fix?

Thanks.

Megane 225 F1
Answer to 1. It may be because the engine is cold? Or you have some crap at the bottom of your fuel tank. Maybe dirty spark plugs.

The answer to number 2 i dont think is fixable. I have this on mine, found it really anoying at 1st, but i dont even realise its there. In fact il probs get back into my car later and find it again ;) lol. But yh, its because the gearbox mounts are gash and dont really work.

Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Answer to 1. It may be because the engine is cold? Or you have some crap at the bottom of your fuel tank. Maybe dirty spark plugs.

The answer to number 2 i dont think is fixable. I have this on mine, found it really anoying at 1st, but i dont even realise its there. In fact il probs get back into my car later and find it again ;) lol. But yh, its because the gearbox mounts are gash and dont really work.

thanks for that. shame about the second one as its the one thats bugging me the most.

i'll probably try and switch the plugs out and see if that makes any difference and maybe send some redex through the fuel system.

thanks for the info.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Remove your throttle body, clean with brake cleaner or carb cleaner and problem solved

So this would explain my problem, I put it down to having 3 different types of pencil coil, go figure.

TB's on the back of the engine block, that right?

Megane 225 F1
Well i had it a few months after i got the car, faulty coil pack, changed it, it didnt solve it completly but then randomly stopped being ghey. May do this trick any way

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
cold start idle issue is deffo dirty throttle body, i normaly clean it up and do a injection reprog

One Phat Clio
I know how you feel!!! i have the exact same car but on a 02 plate. Touch wood, its sound at the moment.

Did miss fire, changed all igniton coils n plugs everything sound now.

Does "judder" every now and then, like "woble" the car, but most clios do, infact my brother a renault mechanic who owns a megane also says his car tends to give out a shake now and then....

maybe thts why the adverts about renault r, " i see u BaBy shakin tht ass" i dunno, but not a major problem, somewhat irratating? ut not major

Last edited: