ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

only cold air from heaters and coolant in passenger footwell?

clio 172
hi,
recently brought my second clio 172.
Ive noticed the coolant has to be topped up every few days and it seems to be leaking onto the passenger footwell?
in the last few days the I cant get any heat from the heating only cold! Its climate control model. whether its set to max or minimum its one cold breeze!
ive noticed the coolant issue for a few weeks now but the heating has only just packed in.
any ideas on either and if theyre linked?
Thanks for any advice

clio 172
it could be, just depends if its linked with the leak I have in the footwell, i think thats to do with the heating system but im sure someone will know better than me.

172 cup- suzu rf600r
your hot air comes from the coolant (runs through the heater matrix which is higher than the engine) so when coolant is low theres not enough to heat the matrix basically.

if your handy with cars follow all the system to find the leak, if your not get it into a garage ASAP, because running out of coolant means goodbye head gasket

clio 172
your hot air comes from the coolant (runs through the heater matrix which is higher than the engine) so when coolant is low theres not enough to heat the matrix basically.

if your handy with cars follow all the system to find the leak, if your not get it into a garage ASAP, because running out of coolant means goodbye head gasket

so if i can find the leak, solve that, I should have heat again unless its caused another problem! :) thanks

172 cup- suzu rf600r
ye im quite confident that you wont have heat because of the low coolant, but seriously mate its a problem you need to get sorted because driving around will lead to damage if the coolant drops too low, keep an eye on the temp gauge! if it rockets up or drops to 0 switch the engine off and dont drive it.