ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OOB photography

just been trying a few attempts at OOB - (out of bounds)
i`m hooked!

Porka.jpg

Statue-Out.jpg

LY 182 FF CUPPED
I had a go.

Open your image, duplicate it.
Drag this onto a new layer ( colour of your choice)
Hit M...make your marquee around where you want the frame to be, right click and add a stroke of approx 30 pix.
Merge the 2 layers.
Add a vector mask to the top layer and rub out around the frame , parts of the image you don't want.

.....thats how I did it.

cs3 + common sense I guess.

Clio
I had a go.

Open your image, duplicate it.
Drag this onto a new layer ( colour of your choice)
Hit M...make your marquee around where you want the frame to be, right click and add a stroke of approx 30 pix.
Merge the 2 layers.
Add a vector mask to the top layer and rub out around the frame , parts of the image you don't want.

.....thats how I did it.

cs3 + common sense I guess.

Cheers, I think I might give it a try.

^ Nope i used elements 5...

heres how i done it..

1. Open you chosen file for OOB.
2. Now click `File`>`Create`> `Photo Layout` > then selet the necessary frame parts.
3. Ok back to your OOB pic and selet the Lasso Tool (freehand, magnetic or polygonal - which ever takes your fancy.
4. Using the the tool cut out the area of the image that comes out the frame and the rest you keep square (framed).
5.Drag image onto the framed canvas you opened and simply play around fitting it. (dont forget to bring image to front)

Sorry this is not in detail just a quick how to guide? Hope it makes sense! Oh and this is the way i`ve thought myself so if there is an eaiser way please do share!

BUT

this way is very easy and i`m NO BOFF on photoshop!

1.8 Civic EX
sorry what i meant was i have now photo editing software on my laptop at all...i've been after cs3 for ages but my "sources" are a bit pony lol

Mk1 Maxim Sport
that 2nd pic by planetx of the front end is quality!! amazing how u lot know how to do this kind of thing! looks mint

Clio
Cheers mate. I was using a layer mask using the brush tool, and only did it quickly. Is there a better way of masking the car? I also didn't spend much time at all on the shadow below the car.

I also chose this image cause I didn't nail it with the shadows and thought the light on the windscreen added to the 3D effect, do you agree?

LY 182 FF CUPPED
i was meaning the area around the tyres etc.....I use the lasso polygonal lasso tool and zoom into 400% approx and take my time.

Clio
Time is the key, there were alot of shadows on the original and the tyre/splitter were difficult to pick out. You are right, taking the time is the real key to it.

Thanks for the advice though, you are definetly a many many levels above what I know so any advice you can ever drop in is much appreciated.